Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt 65 Chevelle Modified Stocker

Nice touch on the dent. One thing I still notice when I visit flat rock and Toledo speedways is the cars usually have damage before the race. I remember when Arca still raced the top series at Flat rock the cars were battered from the previous night at Toledo's race. 

IMG_4707.JPG

Edited by wrenchr

2 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Nice touch on the dent. One thing I still notice when I visit flat rock and Toledo speedways is the cars usually have damage before the race. I remember when Arca still raced the top series at Flat rock the cars were battered from the previous night at Toledo's race. 

Thanks all for your comments and feedback. Thus one has been fun. I didnt expect it to become a prototype. I’ve decided to add a 69 nova sportsman to my project list. Maybe a Butch Lindley replica. Watched him race many times at Huntsville Speedway, back in the day when allison, bonnet, waltrip, gant, ridley, farmer and many others would come to town and battle on our little 1/4 mile bull ring.

This is one of my favourite types of model and you have done a great job.  You have proven conclusively just how important it is to fit appropriately sized wheels and tyres to the cars in the Motor City Stockers series. The ones AMT chose did the models no favours at all!

Go easy on the weathering - this could easily be a new car to the track and I love the way it looks now!

Cheers

Alan

• 1 month later...

Somehow I missed this one.  Really enjoyed going through the thread and seeing the changes you made to this kit.   When I used to haunt Hickory Speedway back in the late 60's, I remember the transition from tri-fives to the Chevelles.  Harry Gant came in one night and set a new track record with his Chevelle.  The next week Jack Ingram reset the record with his 55 Chevy, Gant came out later and broke it again.  The next season most of the big names had switched to Chevelles.  Thank you for sharing this one, it did bring back a lot of memories.  And the 65 Chevelle is my holy grail 1:1.