Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 Camaro SS396 L89 vert

GoodbuildNY

1 hour ago, christian-w said:

Great Color! It reminds me on my Coupe. Funny. How did you do the Wood grain in the interior? That Looks really great.

697_03.jpg

Usually when doing wood grain my method is I paint a base color down ( depending on the shade desired for end result) a shade of tan. Next I follow up with various shades of fine tip brown sharpies for grain. After that I have an old square bottle of basic testors brown in which most of the pigment has settled leaving a translucent brown at the top of the jar. I put a coat of that over the top and done. You can put more layers on to darken it or start with a darker shade of tan as a base. 

3 hours ago, br67 said:

Great job Dave. Where did you source the redlined and magnum 500s?

Thanks Brandon, IIRC the wheels came from the Amt 70 chevelle kit. As for the tires ,they came from my parts box but I’ve had them for probably 20 years. They were from an aftermarket company but I can’t recall which one. Nowadays they’re fairly readily available from many kits and aftermarket sources.