Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 56 Ford gasser

GoodbuildNY

3 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Very nice! Can you give--or better yet, show--us any details on this one? 

I’ll try to get some more pics later, but basically I just threw parts at it from my parts box. I usually make notes on my instructions as to what parts/from where/ colors used and mods made. I’ll see if I can dig them out. This kit was built several years ago and..... well my memory just isn’t what it once was lol I know I radiused the rear wheel well openings and did some scratch building for the front suspension and support for fuel tank up front  

10 minutes ago, GoodbuildNY said:

I’ll try to get some more pics later, but basically I just threw parts at it from my parts box. I usually make notes on my instructions as to what parts/from where/ colors used and mods made. I’ll see if I can dig them out. This kit was built several years ago and..... well my memory just isn’t what it once was lol I know I radiused the rear wheel well openings and did some scratch building for the front suspension and support for fuel tank up front  

Thanks! I ask because I've been planning a similar project for some time, and have even done a small amount of work on it. Haven't decided on an engine yet, though...possibly an early Hemi. 

I remember a '56 Ford gasser based on the AMT '55 Nomad frame in the old Car Model magazine of the '60s. It's stayed with me all these years. B)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Thanks! I ask because I've been planning a similar project for some time, and have even done a small amount of work on it. Haven't decided on an engine yet, though...possibly an early Hemi. 

I remember a '56 Ford gasser based on the AMT '55 Nomad frame in the old Car Model magazine of the '60s. It's stayed with me all these years. B)

An early hemi (392 or 354 ) would be an awesome engine choice,especially if you throw on a set of resin desoto fire power or imperial valve covers... something along those lines 

2 minutes ago, GoodbuildNY said:

An early hemi (392 or 354 ) would be an awesome engine choice,especially if you throw on a set of resin desoto fire power or imperial valve covers... something along those lines 

Thinking of using a Hemi from the Double Dragster, maybe with injectors (with tubes from the reissued MPC '75 Vette roadster) sitting under a Thunderbolt teardrop bubble. B)

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

Thinking of using a Hemi from the Double Dragster, maybe with injectors (with tubes from the reissued MPC '75 Vette roadster) sitting under a Thunderbolt teardrop bubble. B)

?.... especially the tear drop hood!!! It looks so right on the 56 ford

7 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Your injector stacks look like aluminum. Do you make them, or are they aftermarket?

Your gassers are great!

Thank you for the compliment Rich. The injector stacks are from www.speedcityresin.com . They have different lengths and all their stuff is REALLY nice !

• 3 weeks later...