Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
GoodbuildNY

Amt 56 Ford gasser

Recommended Posts

Very nice! Can you give--or better yet, show--us any details on this one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Very nice! Can you give--or better yet, show--us any details on this one? 

I’ll try to get some more pics later, but basically I just threw parts at it from my parts box. I usually make notes on my instructions as to what parts/from where/ colors used and mods made. I’ll see if I can dig them out. This kit was built several years ago and..... well my memory just isn’t what it once was lol I know I radiused the rear wheel well openings and did some scratch building for the front suspension and support for fuel tank up front  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GoodbuildNY said:

I’ll try to get some more pics later, but basically I just threw parts at it from my parts box. I usually make notes on my instructions as to what parts/from where/ colors used and mods made. I’ll see if I can dig them out. This kit was built several years ago and..... well my memory just isn’t what it once was lol I know I radiused the rear wheel well openings and did some scratch building for the front suspension and support for fuel tank up front  

Thanks! I ask because I've been planning a similar project for some time, and have even done a small amount of work on it. Haven't decided on an engine yet, though...possibly an early Hemi. 

I remember a '56 Ford gasser based on the AMT '55 Nomad frame in the old Car Model magazine of the '60s. It's stayed with me all these years. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Thanks! I ask because I've been planning a similar project for some time, and have even done a small amount of work on it. Haven't decided on an engine yet, though...possibly an early Hemi. 

I remember a '56 Ford gasser based on the AMT '55 Nomad frame in the old Car Model magazine of the '60s. It's stayed with me all these years. B)

An early hemi (392 or 354 ) would be an awesome engine choice,especially if you throw on a set of resin desoto fire power or imperial valve covers... something along those lines 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoodbuildNY said:

An early hemi (392 or 354 ) would be an awesome engine choice,especially if you throw on a set of resin desoto fire power or imperial valve covers... something along those lines 

Thinking of using a Hemi from the Double Dragster, maybe with injectors (with tubes from the reissued MPC '75 Vette roadster) sitting under a Thunderbolt teardrop bubble. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

Thinking of using a Hemi from the Double Dragster, maybe with injectors (with tubes from the reissued MPC '75 Vette roadster) sitting under a Thunderbolt teardrop bubble. B)

👍.... especially the tear drop hood!!! It looks so right on the 56 ford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoodbuildNY said:

👍.... especially the tear drop hood!!! It looks so right on the 56 ford

Oh my yes! And even on '55-'57 Chevies, too! B)

P1010058.JPG.355b7490bf65fff6e6a4804198479f33.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hmann68 said:

Cool! Tough looking car 👍👍 clean job!

Couldn't have said it better myself!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your injector stacks look like aluminum. Do you make them, or are they aftermarket?

Your gassers are great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An excellent example of an old weekend warrior.

David G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Your injector stacks look like aluminum. Do you make them, or are they aftermarket?

Your gassers are great!

Thank you for the compliment Rich. The injector stacks are from www.speedcityresin.com . They have different lengths and all their stuff is REALLY nice !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super neet brings back the days of the gasser wars theres nothing like a SOHC in any FORD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job! You have a good eye for building old drag cars!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, larman said:

Nice job! You have a good eye for building old drag cars!

X2... absolutely agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool looking gasser!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...