Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Decal Makers.

5 hours ago, peteski said:

Judging by the gold ink, he is likely using Alps MD printer - excellent way to make waterslide decals.

That is affirmative (zoomed in on the smaller font top center of page). That is the first piece I've seen from an Alps printer, and the quality looks pretty impressive. Very crisp.

54 minutes ago, gman said:

That is affirmative (zoomed in on the smaller font top center of page). That is the first piece I've seen from an Alps printer, and the quality looks pretty impressive. Very crisp.

I see it now.  Yes, Alps MD printer is a wonderful hobby tool.  It has its limitations, but there are workarounds for most of those.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:00 AM, towman1271 said:

Firebird designs.. he made the set below for me. Did artwork and printed for practically nothing

Looks like they do excellent work. I do tons of my own decal work. I've done it for many years but have always needed an outside source to print white or metallics. I had a supplier until recently but it looks like he'll be inavailable for a while. Do you know if Firebird will accept my bitmap artwork or do they redraw everything in vector form before printing?

Edited by Bernard Kron

6 minutes ago, Bernard Kron said:

Looks like they do excellent work. I do tons of my own decal work. I've done it for many years but have always needed an outside source to print white or metallics. I had a supplier until recently but it looks like he'll be inavailable for a while. Do you know if Firebird will accept my bitmap artwork or do they redraw everything in vector form before printing?

Not sure, as I would e-mail him and ask about that.

2 hours ago, porschercr said:

Bernard,

Not able to PM you, please let me know if you get a response, I sent him one the other day, no response as of yet.

Thanks,

Trevor

It took about a week before he replied to my email. But will have the product done in no time

• 2 months later...