Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for dragonsnake decals

I have considered decals for this car, and I have a sheet about 2/3 done for SB Cobras.  The problem is the car as seen today is not anything close to what is was 'back in the day'.  Any preference for which, or does everyone just want to have a hot pink metallic Cobra on the shelf...

Image result for costilow larson cobra

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, VRM said:

I have considered decals for this car, and I have a sheet about 2/3 done for SB Cobras.  The problem is the car as seen today is not anything close to what is was 'back in the day'.  Any preference for which, or does everyone just want to have a hot pink metallic Cobra on the shelf...

image.jpeg

not too much into having a hot pink cobra on my shelf,  but factory built dragonsnakes  csx 2019 and 2357  would be great !

25 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I got some from whoopiekatdecals.com. Check them out.

thanks for the link.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:41 PM, VRM said:

I have considered decals for this car, and I have a sheet about 2/3 done for SB Cobras.  The problem is the car as seen today is not anything close to what is was 'back in the day'.  Any preference for which, or does everyone just want to have a hot pink metallic Cobra on the shelf..

Would love for you to do El Cid so I could complete my build.

!cid 37C6F9F8-7B93-4BA4-A1BB-8366F8596CFBDSCN3344

Edited by afx

8 hours ago, VRM said:

image.jpeg

I definitely prefer back in the day

Here is the Whoopiekat - El Cid sheet.  My concerns are:

• The "A" in Cobra doesn't have the cross bar - looks like a lower case "n"
  • Getting the gold overlay "COBRA" and the snake to line up with what is already on the white background
  • Not a fan of having to layer decals to create the full image.

I haven't used his decals before - maybe this was a difficult set to layout and print.

DSCN6653Image result for cobra el cid

Edited by afx

56 minutes ago, afx said:

• Getting the gold overlay "COBRA" and the snake to line up with what is already on the white background

I haven't used his decals before - maybe this was a difficult set to layout and print.

I see what your saying ,...I’d be reluctant to apply them as well

6 hours ago, afx said:

Hi JC,

I would be happy to replace the decals if you are not happy with them. I see I do need to correct the "A" as you pointed out. If anyone needs corrected replacements let me know via the website email and I will send you revised ones. Sorry about that but I do miss things from time to time. The reason I include the layover is for crisper color that is all. Alps printed decals do not reproduce the greatest color, you can lay the one Alps printed decal alone, or you have the option of taking the time to add the crisper Inkjet printed layover.

I stand behind my decals and if the customer is not happy with anything to do regarding the decals I will issue a full refund or replacements. Just let me know.

Alan

whoopiekatdecals.com

7 hours ago, afx said:

Here is one of the pics used when doing these decals, so that "A" was not an oversight

ScreenHunter 1794 Feb. 27.jpg

18 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I really like the candy apple red  HARR Ford 289 and 427 versions vs. the gloss black King Cobra and El CID ones.  It would be cool to do a pair.  Here's my decal collection for racing Cobras.

IMG_6930.JPG

IMG_6931.PNG

I see something that needs correcting on one of my decals .....

Alan

• 3 months later...