Model Cars Magazine Forum

Garlits F/E Dragster

Pro Tech

15 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

Hi Charlie, this is an exceptionally clean build, wonderful work!  It appears as if everything is there and where it should be.

QUESTION:  The seat belt hardware, is this your product?  They look perfect!

Mike..

Thanks Mike, yes that's our Cam style 5 pt. harness that I converted the buckle to a vintage 4 pt. style I have a how-to on my site under "Modeling Tips"

Mike I really admire your work, not many can create the pieces of art you produce. I will have to catch up on your latest. Maybe someday we can touch base on the phone.

Charlie 

Pro Tech 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the wheels/tires done. I've added our Valve Stems and made lug nuts out of our .025 Hex Fittings and Evergreen rod. I have both how-to listed on our website under Modeling Tips. Thanks for looking. 

Charlie 

Pro Tech 

20200417_163846.jpg

• Like 1

Sensational!  I tried once adding valve stems to a rear mag wheel, just no cap on them, a poor attempt, plus they can't be seen.  These look great, with cap!

How was the "dimple" done, where the stem exits the wheel rim?  Looks like magic, and utterly real.

QUESTION:  Now the tire.  I use the AMT "Tall Dragster" slicks, also a 11.75 x 16 tire, which is actually fairly close in scale.  I like the soft rubber material, makes it easy to bloat the tire around the wheel. The tire you show, appears to have the more realistic rounded tire edge at the pavement surface area, also that the tire has a domed appearance, not completely flat on the track surface.  Are these your tires?  I like.

Mike..

21 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

Sensational!  I tried once adding valve stems to a rear mag wheel, just no cap on them, a poor attempt, plus they can't be seen.  These look great, with cap!

How was the "dimple" done, where the stem exits the wheel rim?  Looks like magic, and utterly real.

QUESTION:  Now the tire.  I use the AMT "Tall Dragster" slicks, also a 11.75 x 16 tire, which is actually fairly close in scale.  I like the soft rubber material, makes it easy to bloat the tire around the wheel. The tire you show, appears to have the more realistic rounded tire edge at the pavement surface area, also that the tire has a domed appearance, not completely flat on the track surface.  Are these your tires?  I like.

Mike..

Hi Mike, 

The Valve Stems are machined aluminum and one of our products (PTMC 72). The tires are kit tires out of another front engine dragster kit "The Young American". 

Thanks!

Charlie 

Pro Tech 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...