Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greetings from NH

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site. Haven't built a model in 27 years. Just getting back into it. The last models I built were for a diorama for my father for Christmas in 1993. He raced when I was a kid at the local track. He ran mostly in the street stock division. He raced 6 seasons out of 8 years, starting in 1980 and finishing in 1987. His first car was an early 70's Nova. He took home Rookie of the Year that year. This car was destroyed 3/4 of the way thru the season when he hit the wall and flipped end over end down the front stretch. He came back a couple weeks later with another Nova to finish the season. The next year was no sophomore jinx. He built a 1966 Chevelle, that won 6 races on his way to 2nd in points. He ran that car two seasons, finishing 3rd in points the second season. He then moved up a division for one season. Then took  a couple seasons off to build our house. Then returned with a '67 Chevelle in the 1986 season and finished his career with a 1980 Malibu. I built the front stretch of the track with wall and flag stand, his Nova, '66 Chevelle, and '67 Chevelle along with his Pickup that hauled them and custom built a trailer. I have purchased components to built his Late Model which was a 1975 Pontiac Ventura, and also the Malibu. Building today is so much more than just painting the parts and putting them together like I did back in the day. Most of this is all new to me and I look forward to learning and sharing with this group.

models1.jpg

models2.jpg

models3.jpg

models4.jpg

models5.jpg

models6.jpg

3 hours ago, mrmike said:

Welcome Benny!  What part of New Hampshire are you in?  I'm from Nashua born and raised.  

Thanks Mr. Mike, I'm in the central western part of the state. Cornish/Claremont/Lempster area. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...