Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bullitt Mustang

Revell made a Bullit Mustang as a diecast bodied kit. Their current '68 Mustang plastic kit is pretty much from the same tool.

The wheels are straight American Racing Torque Thrust D. Very common in many kits. Monogram 65 Shelby kits and 66 Penski Corvette have them, and the AMT 62 Impala has a nice set of unpainted ones. Many others available.

Edited by Bainford

2 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Revell made a Bullet Mustang as a diecast bodied kit. There current '68 Mustang plastic kit is pretty much from the same tool.

They also made a plastic kit version in 2008.  The diecast was in 2000.

Edited by Rob Hall

24 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Revell made a Bullit Mustang as a diecast bodied kit.

I built one and thought it looked pretty good. 

More recently, Greenlight has also done a pretty decent diecast. I think I've even seen them on sale. 

5 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yea I’ve got a nice diecast,but my buddy wants a plastic one,actually he’s just looking for the exact wheels.I’ll forward him this info.
Thanks a lot guys.

I saw a Bullitt Kit last week on eBay...

On 3/2/2020 at 12:49 PM, Rob Hall said:

Revell made the '68 Bullitt Mustang maybe 10-12 years ago.  

I have one and the Charger too. Of course I bought them around 20 years ago. I haven't built them yet either. They do have pre painted diecast bodies.

5 minutes ago, Mike C said:

I have one and the Charger too. Of course I bought them around 20 years ago. I haven't built them yet either. They do have pre painted diecast bodies.

I was referring to the styrene glue kit from 2008.   I also have the diecast Charger and Mustang from 20 years ago...seem to recall they have figures. Maybe not.

Edited by Rob Hall

With all the hype on the real $3.7M one I am surprised it was not reissued.  I have seen a lot of 1/64 and 1/43 diecasts lately.   If no one comes through I can see if I have an extra set as I know I have parts from an extra Revell metal version.  I do not remember if the wheels are any different as the plastic kit was actually based on the diecast version that came out first.