Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
berr13

Petty/corporate blue

Can anyone recommend brush paint, enamel or acrylic, that's close to Petty blue?  Or, even better, close to Tamiya TS-23 Light Blue?

TIA!

TB3 'Basin Street Blue' ( Plymouth) 'Super Blue' (Dodge) . I have an aerosol can of it that I got at work .

While we are talking about Petty Blue I recently got some from Gravity Spain which is a different shade altogether from the Gravity America Petty Blue. Both share the same GC-126 ref no.

Computer monitors and photos will throw the shades around but the Gravity Spain paint looks more like what I see on my monitor of photos of the cars back in the day.

Did Petty ever run more than one shade of  blue on their cars ?

IMG_3699.jpeg

As some one said Basin Street Blue  1971 color, maybe for a few years..Also called Corporate Blue..

Just decant some Tamiya TS-23 Light Blue and brush it on.

4 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

As some one said Basin Street Blue  1971 color, maybe for a few years..Also called Corporate Blue..

Technically , 1962 : the "T" = "1962" ( think : TX9 black ) . Since TB3 was never reformulated , it retained its 1962 prefix . For the 1972 model year , it was offered as a regular colour ; prior to that , it was coded as "99" or "999" ( 1970 Superbird for instance ) .

Yes , it was called 'Corporate Blue' prior to 1972 .