Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 big truck coming !!!

Ugh can Round2 PLEASE skip the "original instructions" part of the retrofest? They have by far the worst instructions running with some of these kits presenting their original 4x6 sized folded instructions. The box art brings all the nostalgia needed, make the instructions at least as legible as they were during the AMT/Ertl era.

5 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

PLEASE skip the "original instructions" part

Those original instructions were and still are one of the best detailed instructions ever put in a kit. The Ertl check box system is the best compared to AMT's 1/25 semi instructions. Those AMT Truck instructions tend to be a hot mess of match the part to the picture!

10 hours ago, ranma said:

Those original instructions were and still are one of the best detailed instructions ever put in a kit. The Ertl check box system is the best compared to AMT's 1/25 semi instructions. Those AMT Truck instructions tend to be a hot mess of match the part to the picture!

I'll grant you the Ertl truck kits had excellent instructions originally, but by a large the kits Round2 has chosen to reissue and reproducing the instructions directly - particularly from the dog days if the late 70's - are terrible in size, quality, and vagueness. There's no other company around that intentionally puts old instructions in old kits that are being reissued.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:10 AM, ranma said:

The original .c 1975 Ertl Co. instruction sheet for this kit - which I gave to Round 2 a few weeks ago as part of this reissue project - is an incredible piece of work.  As is the entire kit.  So needless to say, I support Rick's statement above 100%.   I can't say for sure that's the sheet....errr….. book (and that is really what it is) that Round 2 will use, but I sure hope it is.    TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

9 hours ago, michaelbaskett said:

If they really want to knock one out of the park......International 4070 A ,,,,International Transtar II...….PLEASE...PLEASE....PLEASE.

Michael.....sadly I understand this one is out of reach. 

There were so many changes made to do the Eagle II update that I'm told it is unlikely the tool could ever be returned to the original version.

Still, never say never,  particularly with some of the surprises Round 2 has pulled in recent years.  But to be clear I know of no plans to actually do this.....TIM

54 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

The original .c 1975 Ertl Co. instruction sheet for this kit - which I gave to Round 2 a few weeks ago as part of this reissue project - is an incredible piece of work

All of the original Ertl International instruction sheets are detailed and very thorough...and take a while to scan completely. ? Here's the Payhauler 350 if anyone wants to get a head start of sorts: https://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/1221/ertl-8013-international-pay-hauler

Ertl8013IntlPayHauler3501-vi.jpg

It looks like the previous RC2 era reissue also included a re-print of the original instruction sheet:

s-l1600.jpg