Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Big Block Truck

Hey Bullybeef!

Yes! BB Chevy is a monster! Would also like to have that on an engine stand waiting to go into my 1:1 ride!!! But,...some of us can't afford that stuff, so that's why we build our dream in scale!!

thanks for your interest!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey All !!

Finally, back at the hobby table! (health issue got in the way) BUT,.... back at this project,... hoping to finish one day (never in a hurry, good things come if you wait) Anyways scratched built an interior/firewall tub for this truck so she will stayed slammed to the ground! I think they call it "channeling" (not sure) then opened the doors! The 'A' piller is brutally thin with the 55 so my 1st attempt went south!! Butchered the cab and found another one on eBay. This time instead of scribing the doors endlessly Grrrrrr! I took the smallest drill bit I had in my arsenal and drilled a million and one holes down the door seams. Then used a X-acto knife razor saw to cut the doors. Doors and door jam clean up,... it just might work!! Gotta to remember to leave enough gap for primer, paint, clear coat or like many other shoulda, coulda projects the doors will function like they should. So, .... small update but hopefully staying at the bench for awhile!!

trucker 1.jpg

Thanks for welcome back all.

Hey TransAmMike!

The wheels are Pegasus Hobby  Big and Small. I had "Dancing Bear" make sleeves for me to fit the 5 spoke. He is available on FB. I sent the rear rims to him, he turned the rims on his lathe. Then I could insert them into the sleeves VERY COOL STUFF. I then cut the tires in half and added rubber washer the width of the rims. Super glued them together sanded them down. Not perfect but it works!

tired.jpeg

I'm glad to know that you are doing well Lorne!

I'm so happy to see you back on this great truck build my friend.  Good wine takes time to mature and there is no point in rushing things, we often don't have time to do it right the first time but always have time to do it again so why not step back and do it the right way... everything comes to those who wait! 😁

Hey Francis

Your right, take your time, a good approach to a project always benefits!! If the glue on your thumb appears, ..... remember,... its only a hobby and there is ways to fix it. I try to always have a very clean and organized work space, it seems to help me relax more (not wondering where the heck that part went) and I treat the project more constructively.  Same with the 1:1 scale. Also I always remember,..."A clean vehicle seems to run better" HA!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...