Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 chevelle

cheyenne93

Got the 69 amt Chevelle. Have had to do some body work on the rear fenders to get the taillight to fit rite. Going for that non straight axle high front. Widened the rear wheels and added moldings for a vinyl top. Also thinking headers and side pipes. Not sure on the color yet. May put the blown olds in it . Comments?

20200303_182300.jpg

20200303_182321.jpg

20200228_205918.jpg

20200228_205936.jpg

Don't forget to remove the chrome trim on the body sides. 

Of course, if you're going "Day Two," you can leave them on and declare it a Malibu someone's put SS emblems on. Lord Knows we all saw plenty of THOSE running around back in the day. B)

53 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Don't forget to remove the chrome trim on the body sides. 

Of course, if you're going "Day Two," you can leave them on and declare it a Malibu someone's put SS emblems on. Lord Knows we all saw plenty of THOSE running around back in the day. B)

That's for sure!  I like where you are going with this. I was going to put a 425 in mine, but then I sold it. I have the model in" under glass". It's the black '69 with the Cragars. I think the Olds would be a great choice! Yes I agree with everything you are doing ,a Malibu might be a good idea. 

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

Terrific. Thanks, Joel, I appreciate it. I assume the engine you show is not stock from the kit, or is it?

No think the 396 that was in this kit got used in another project,  This engine is a big block oldsmobile

On 3/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, cheyenne93 said:

Got the 69 amt Chevelle. Have had to do some body work on the rear fenders to get the taillight to fit rite. Going for that non straight axle high front. Widened the rear wheels and added moldings for a vinyl top. Also thinking headers and side pipes. Not sure on the color yet. May put the blown olds in it . Comments?

20200303_182300.jpg

20200303_182321.jpg

20200228_205918.jpg

20200228_205936.jpg

I like what your doing here....that's the way they looked back in the ol' day's. Lol?

49 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

I like what your doing here....that's the way they looked back in the ol' day's. Lol?

I like to build old school. A lot of my fondest memories of cars were of the cars my oldest brother and his buddies drove around back in the early 70s. My father was an engine builder on the side also. So we always had muscle and stock cars settin around our house. Pretty sweet childhood!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little more done on the malibu/chevelle. Scratch built header style inlets for the side pipes, and dropped the carbs down a little on the blower. Any input or comments always welcome. Also removed emblems.

20200319_200638.jpg

20200319_201020.jpg

20200319_202546.jpg

20200319_202826.jpg

Edited by cheyenne93

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:20 PM, Snake45 said:

You still have the bulged SS hood. Just call it a fake SS made from a Malibu. B)

Could be a Malibu with an SS hood. There were lots of those running around back then also. That  being said, with the blower sticking out of the hood it might not matter!

3 hours ago, Nazz said:

Could be a Malibu with an SS hood. There were lots of those running around back then also. That  being said, with the blower sticking out of the hood it might not matter!

I actually got my hands on a malibu flat hood (resin). Think that will look better with a hole cut in it.