Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO, Cannonball Run Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D Sarge's truck 379 Pete.

I'm calling this one done. Because this years Cannonball run was a movie truck, and I needed a truck fro the BRBO, this seemed like a great truck to do. While my wife and daughter are bigger fans of the show than I am, I enjoyed last season because this truck was a big part of it. There are a few minor details that are slightly off, but for the most part it is as close as I could get to the TV truck. Most scenes do not show the truck with mirrors, but I put them on as that rules for the Cannonball run say the vehicle needs to be "Street legal". In the show they are off because they got in the way of the actors and the cameras. 

This started as an Italeri Pete 378, I cut the hood apart, extended it and moved the cab back to make it a 379. The trailer was an Italeri 53 foot, but the show it is only 40 foot, so I cut it down and turned it inside out as the show truck is smooth sided, not ribbed like the kit. Lots of details that were all scratch built and even cut on the waterjets I work on. The front fenders are covered with tracks from a 1/35 M1A1 tank sent to me by a friend that does armor. 

First picture is from the TV show, the rest are my truck. Enjoy.

2020-01-20 17_51_17-(2) Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S06E08) _ Sarge(Coulson) put bomb in Truck a.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 10:04 AM, Hermann Kersten said:

The end result of all modifications and scratch work is now paying off with a great replica of the tv show.

Also the picture taking is great, the background has something post apocalyptic and completes the whole atmosphere.

Hermann.

Exactly my thoughts - though I don't know the TV Series, the truck looks intimidating in this setting (post-apocalyptic describes it ver well).

On 3/30/2020 at 1:04 AM, Hermann Kersten said:

The end result of all modifications and scratch work is now paying off with a great replica of the tv show.

Also the picture taking is great, the background has something post apocalyptic and completes the whole atmosphere.

Hermann.

BTW, that Post-Apocalyptic back drop is my back yard. Now with the CoVid thing, it feels that way.  

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 8:10 PM, Oldmopars said:

I'm calling this one done. Because this years Cannonball run was a movie truck, and I needed a truck fro the BRBO, this seemed like a great truck to do. While my wife and daughter are bigger fans of the show than I am, I enjoyed last season because this truck was a big part of it. There are a few minor details that are slightly off, but for the most part it is as close as I could get to the TV truck. Most scenes do not show the truck with mirrors, but I put them on as that rules for the Cannonball run say the vehicle needs to be "Street legal". In the show they are off because they got in the way of the actors and the cameras. 

This started as an Italeri Pete 378, I cut the hood apart, extended it and moved the cab back to make it a 379. The trailer was an Italeri 53 foot, but the show it is only 40 foot, so I cut it down and turned it inside out as the show truck is smooth sided, not ribbed like the kit. Lots of details that were all scratch built and even cut on the waterjets I work on. The front fenders are covered with tracks from a 1/35 M1A1 tank sent to me by a friend that does armor. 

First picture is from the TV show, the rest are my truck. Enjoy.

2020-01-20 17_51_17-(2) Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S06E08) _ Sarge(Coulson) put bomb in Truck a.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

Congratulations to this great build being in the most recent issue of Model Cars Magazine! Great job!