Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Dad, Chocolate Ice Cream, and New Kits

Snake45

The best advice I ever got from a friend when I was telling him about my problems with my girlfriend :

" Knock-a-self a pro , slick ! Grey matter back lot... perform us down ! I take T.C.B.'n ."

All that I could say was :

" You know what they say : 'See a broad to get dat booty yack... leg 'er down an' smack 'em yack 'em !' "

18 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Some of us here might recognize this as, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." B)

Variation on the theme.  This was one I learned while in the military!

“Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!"

9 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Casey Affleck.......

Isn't that like casting John Mitchum

because his brother's salary would've wiped out your production budget?

Personally, I think Casey Affleck is 5 times the actor that Ben is!

I can't think of a movie that I've seen Ben Affleck in that was made better by him!!

Steve

20 minutes ago, alexis said:

My Dad always says;

"We'll Burn That Bridge, When We Get There!"

Never have been able to correct him.......

I also use, "Rome wasn't burned in a day." :lol:

2 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Variation on the theme.  This was one I learned while in the military!

“Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!"

My Dad once got a Christmas card from one of his old Air Force pilot buddies, still on active duty during the Vietnam era, that said:

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest SOB in the valley. 

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

My Dad once got a Christmas card from one of his old Air Force pilot buddies, still on active duty during the Vietnam era, that said:

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest SOB in the valley. 

Yup, I got a T-shirt with that on in at the BX at U-Tapao during the war.  Had a Ed Roth style pilot on it.  

57 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I had one of those fuzzy black light posters hanging in my bed room when I was a kid! ^_^

image.png.60f4cc6a13d0e4f7cc80c3ed7059d56e.png

Steve

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I can't think of a movie that I've seen Ben Affleck in that was made better by him!!

Steve

Oh no, I never implied Ben was better; just more expensive. :D

20 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

My high school math teacher, the legendary Mr. Kravitz, had the perfect one-size-fits-all response to any and all inane comments or questions, suitable for all occasions and said it with a Bernie Sanders-esque accent:

"What, are you from the Bronx? Shut your dirty mouth!”

I’m gonna try that one out ?

10 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Steve

The only move I really like Ben Affleck In was The Town the extended version. I have both. That movie has a great cast. He directed it. Other then that I don’t care for his movies...

Here's one from one of my high school teachers:

"Everyone brings joy to this classroom. Some by entering, others by leaving."

...and from another teacher after a student answered his question:

"No, Ace, that's not the right answer." [then, in a stage whisper] "You know, 'Ace' is spelled with two s's."

Edited by chepp

8 minutes ago, mk11 said:

85frsdgls.jpg

When a young philosophy student asked their grandmother if the glass was half full or half empty, she gave the best answer I have ever heard. "Depends on if you are drinking or pouring!"

Edited by Pete J.

14 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

I heard a Navy Seal say "what does not kill you, will make you stronger, except the A-10, that'll just kill you".

That's for sure.

What happen to chocolate ice cream?

Finally, "Expect nothing and ye shall not be disappointed".

Edited by magicmustang

Gary Larson is a genius......

9 hours ago, chepp said:

Here's one from one of my high school teachers:

"Everyone brings joy to this classroom. Some by entering, others by leaving."

...and from another teacher after a student answered his question:

"No, Ace, that's not the right answer." [then, in a stage whisper] "You know, 'Ace' is spelled with two s's."

Sounds like something my Auto Mechanics teacher would say. Kids can't be talked to in this manner anymore, they're too delicate........