Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 55 Chevy Belair 2 door sedan Gasser

disconovaman

Here is the first Revell 55 Chevy Belair 2 door post...err... At least that I've seen lol...

I built this using a Revell 55 Chevy convertible body and a 2 door sedan roof I harvested from the Revell 57 Chevy Black widow. Maybe the folks at Revell will consider issuing a 55 sedan in the future but until then, this will have to do... I hope it inspires you guys...

It features an over the counter 409 with a 2 speed power glide transmission. I seen the story on Youtube about a drag racer in the 60's named Don Roberts and while testing his 55 with the new straight axel it was crashed and then eventually buried in his backyard. I wanted to build the car as if it hadn't been crashed... If you're interested, search Buried 55 Chevy on YouTube to see the full story.  thanks for looking...

20200309_085921.jpg

Screenshot_20200309-110537~2.png

Screenshot_20200309-110100.png

Screenshot_20200309-110132~2.png

Beautiful looking finish. When I first looked at it I thought it might be the AMT '55 body, but looks much better. You joined the roof and the body well enough you would never know. The side trim is the only area that might tip off someone and only because Revell recessed the side trim in the body. 

Outstanding! Your work is so clean it looks like it came out of the box that way! B)

I have a similar project underway. I got tired of trying to make the front end of the AMT 2DS look anything close to right, so I've procured a Revell '55 Chev convertible kit and am going to try to graft its front end onto the AMT body. But now you've got me thinking about another way to do it, hmmmmmmm......:unsure:

8 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Almost has a hardtop shape rather than a sedan.

Yeah,  there are differences with the Hard top v/s the Sedan and the main one is the "Sweetheart dip" on the sedan is further back than both the hard & convertable. There is no way I could fix that problem due to the Belair trim being separate. That is the only difference between the model and a real 55 Belair sedan. I imagined if the two real 55 's were joined, this is what you would get.  If I hadn't said anything about the top I wonder if anyone would've recognized the body difference? Also, the Hardtop has a gradual sweep on the quarters and the Sedan is straight across. 

My friend Eddie is a 55 Nut, he's has built many 55 Chevys. He found an original 4 door and converted it to a 2 door sedan, turned out great too. 

Thanks everyone for the nice comments...

20180825_153624.jpg