Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth Expedite Truck

The first time I ever saw one of these trucks, was a FedEx truck driving down main street in our town. I looked them up and it turns out they are called expedite trucks. They are usually driven by teams, and are used to haul freight that has to get somewhere quickly. I thought they were neat looking, and thought I would try to build one of my own.

kwe1.jpg

kwe2.jpg

So I dug around in my stash of trucks and came up with this combination.

kwe7.jpg

With the Kenworth model fighting me every step of the way, I got this far. I wanted to paint the cab and sleeper as one unit, but I couldn't figure out how to put the top on the sleeper but still be able to paint the interior and put in the windows after the exterior was done. Then after staring at it for months the solution came to me. Leave the floor out of the sleeper, stupid.

kwe4.jpg

kwe5.jpg

So here is where I am today. Time to do a cut and splice of the frame.  I will try to do regular updates on this as I get things done.

kwe3.jpg

After careful and repeated measuring, it looks like the frame will be this much longer.

kwe6.jpg

Great subject and the first steps looks good.

I saw a couple of them on pictures and saved them, these were mainly the Fed Ex trucks and looked very cool.

Here in Europe we don't have that type of truck, that's why it gets my attention, and if we need a quick delivery over here, the driver just put the pedal to the metal.?

As far as i can see, your truck gets 2 rear axles what looks, in my opinion,  more cool then a single one.

Have fun with this build and i will follow your progress.

Hermann.

Just a quick update. I cut and spliced the frame. I have some prettying up to do, but the joint is pretty strong.Measure 63 times, cut once.

kwe8.jpg

Next I built the box. At this stage, you get a good idea on how the project "should" look when finished. I was unsure about the dual rear wheels, but I have decided to keep them. As one comment stated, I think they look cool. My next update won't be very exciting, I plan on finishing up the motor and frame, or close to finished anyway.

kwe9.jpg

On 3/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, Jonj238 said:

Just a quick update. I cut and spliced the frame. I have some prettying up to do, but the joint is pretty strong.Measure 63 times, cut once.

kwe9.jpg

Looks great!! I might have to try your approach. I usually measure once and cut 63 times.?

• 2 months later...