Model Cars Magazine Forum

Junior’s First Monte Carlo

yellowsportwagon

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Your usual source or are these powerslide?  whatever, they look amazing.

I honestly don’t know what brand they are. I think they may be real old. They look nice but don’t want to stick down. It took two sets to get it done. I’m not a real complainer but they aren’t very good.

22 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I honestly don’t know what brand they are. I think they may be real old. They look nice but don’t want to stick down. It took two sets to get it done. I’m not a real complainer but they aren’t very good.

i stand corrected. instead of praising the decals I should have praised the decal installer.  Great job getting those things down where they look fantastic.

Found this in a NASCAR historical book.Car was owned by Richard Howard who was the manager of Charlotte Speedway. Junior Johnson built car. Glotzbach won pole for the May 30th race at Charlotte but crashed at half way point of the race. Glotzbach and backup driver Friday Hassler won the Bristol race  in July of 1971. The Car raced at Bristol didn't have the Kmart or the Gaddy Motor sponsorship on it.

397654569_1971MonteCarlo.jpg.e89039249d9e4028962e11407c3b35a6.jpg

Edited by Vietnam Vet67
additional info added

7 hours ago, Vietnam Vet67 said:

Found this in a NASCAR historical book.Car was owned by Richard Howard who was the manager of Charlotte Speedway. Junior Johnson built car. Glotzbach won pole for the May 30th race at Charlotte but crashed at half way point of the race. Glotzbach and backup driver Friday Hassler won the Bristol race  in July of 1971. The Car raced at Bristol didn't have the Kmart or the Gaddy Motor sponsorship on it.

397654569_1971MonteCarlo.jpg.e89039249d9e4028962e11407c3b35a6.jpg

This picture and my model are from the National 500. I liked the Gaddy Motor co. Sponsor the best. Only on the car for this race.

Larry, you might want to try one of the Molotow chrome pins works great  and match bare metal chrome to a tee. I still use foil for almost everything my hand isn't as steady as it once was and you do need a somewhat steady hand for the pin but when used it works great.

40 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

Bare Metal foil around the windows? I can't seem to get it to stick. Maybe the adhesive is no good after awhile.

Which baremetal you have? I’ve found the ultra bright chrome doesn’t stick well. If it’s old sometimes it doesn’t work so good either 

1 hour ago, DoctorLarry said:

Bare Metal foil around the windows? I can't seem to get it to stick. Maybe the adhesive is no good after awhile.

Doc, you are not alone in your findings of bmf not sticking that well. I bought some directly from bmf and it works a little better then the old stuff but i can remember a couple of years back it was a much better product, stuck like crazy, but not anymore. Its a shame because when it worked right its much better then molowtow pen. I find that the molowtow works better shot from an airbrush.I will p.m. you a picture of chrome wheels shot from airbrush using molowtow

Edited by MarkJ

Very nice work!? I like the way you adapted the AMT T-Bird front clip and rear trailing arms/rear end to the AMT M/C kit chassis.I have a couple of Monte Carlos and Chevelles I want to do that on.

Edited by catpack68