Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #59 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

:lol: OK Harry! Now you went an dunnit! Ya got over ta the Henry Ford Museum an took some ringers ,Eh? Well olbud, I say this ones REAL.I can HEAR it sayin" Don't trust him George, I'm REAL" So, I'm goin wit REAL! Heckava NICE model if it ain't tho.! Great job Harry, ya got me thinkin on this one(OOOhhhhh, my head hurts, it's too early for thinkin!) :lol:

Heck, the real deal itself looks like a model in person :lol:

I loved it when the handlers were starting it up to drive it off the golf course (by rotating that big horizontal wheel w/their hands, just like someone cranking a propeller on an airplane to start it) telling us to stand back as it could and would sling oil out sideways.

I loved it when the handlers were starting it up to drive it off the golf course (by rotating that big horizontal wheel w/their hands, just like someone cranking a propeller on an airplane to start it) telling us to stand back as it could and would sling oil out sideways.

Yeah, what a piece of ######! No power windows even!!! :huh:

:lol: Harrrryyyyy, wake up now, it's time to rise an shine!I'm gettin wired now.Everybodys gonna think I'm nuts, the way I just wait for ya every Friday. But I needs my fix Bro, my handses is shaken, I can'ts see straight, and I'm achin all over! pleeze hits me brutha I needs it NOW. Ya dun created a whole buncha RoM junkies.I hope yer proud o' youself. All these folks justa turnin into jello waitin on ya!HIT ME BRO, HIT ME!!!! :lol::P:o OH, and Good Morning, I trust you slept well. :D

ok, I'm late... B)

The problem is, I can't find the link to the photo! I don't remember where I found it. I forgot if it's real or model!!! B)

I'm pretty sure it's a full-scale reproduction of an 1886 Benz Motorwagen, sometimes referred to as the world's first automobile (although that claim is disputed by some). If I remember correctly, no actual 1886 Motorwagens are still in existence, and all the ones in museums these days are actually replicas... which would make this one not an original, but a full-scale reproduction, which makes it REAL!

Maybe someone else out there can confirm, but I'm pretty sure this one is REAL!

Next ROM coming Monday!

B) Dang it Harry, Without an ABSOLUTE confirmation, I can't say my 7 week run is still rollin! But what the hey, I'll claim it is! Thanks for not bein grumpy with me after all this time, But, like I said, Once Therese leaves for work, it gets kinda lonely around here And I NEED you guys! Thanks, and we'll say it's REAL for MY sake!!! B):lol::D

ok, I'm late... B)

The problem is, I can't find the link to the photo! I don't remember where I found it. I forgot if it's real or model!!! B)

I'm pretty sure it's a full-scale reproduction of an 1886 Benz Motorwagen, sometimes referred to as the world's first automobile (although that claim is disputed by some). If I remember correctly, no actual 1886 Motorwagens are still in existence, and all the ones in museums these days are actually replicas... which would make this one not an original, but a full-scale reproduction, which makes it REAL!

Maybe someone else out there can confirm, but I'm pretty sure this one is REAL!

Next ROM coming Monday!

It's real, and you are correct, it's one of the full-scale replicas. It's such a simple design that it really is like a big model that actually runs. It was fun to see them actually drive the thing when I saw it displayed at Amelia Island. The car's handlers were even dressed in somewhat vintage looking Mercedes Benz corporate clothing. Attention to detail!

:D Harry, SEE, I told you ya made junkies outta some of us! I'm not the only one who looks forward to Mondays now! It gives some of us a reason fer livin!( pretty pathetic exsistence,wontcha say?) Anyway, I'm up now Bud, an I'ma waitin on YOU! Thrill me to the marrow with your next show of prestidigetation and photographic skills. I await you, "King of all Photo Media" with great anticipation and eagerness! HIT ME HARRY!!!! :D:D:lol:

If I remember correctly, no actual 1886 Motorwagens are still in existence, and all the ones in museums these days are actually replicas... which would make this one not an original, but a full-scale reproduction, which makes it REAL!

Our local auto museum has one of those replicas, and I've been told by staff members that there are indeed no originals in existence.