Model Cars Magazine Forum
Flat32

Carpenter's Sandwiches

Some streetlight model progress.

streetlamp.jpg

1 hour ago, Flat32 said:

Some streetlight model progress.

streetlamp.jpg

These are superb streetlight models, Raymond...... very ornate and well proportioned. From your carefully put together design, they will 3D print nicely and once painted you will have an important feature for your diorama.

David

These are beautiful Raymond. Seriously impressed. What 3D rendering program are you using?

Wow, those are beautiful 1:25 figurines.

Two different post/bracket styles in the photo. Left one is what was on Vine street, but right one is better looking to my eye and certainly easier to model.  I prefer historical accuracy, but unless a 3D scan turns up the simpler version will have to do. These street lights were surprisingly large and ornate to a fault.

Got three houses to maintain, one needing major renovation, so focused on getting my 1:1 life in order for the time being.  Battling with ripping out an out of control English ivy patch nearly 1/4 acre in size and on a steep slope. Massive entanglement of roots and vines.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:32 PM, Flat32 said:

Got three houses to maintain, one needing major renovation, so focused on getting my 1:1 life in order for the time being.  Battling with ripping out an out of control English ivy patch nearly 1/4 acre in size and on a steep slope. Massive entanglement of roots and vines.

That  sounds like a job for a bulldozer.