Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rising from the Ashes . . .

Danno

Like all the other model car contests, shows, swap meets, and get-togethers of all varieties, DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 16 was canceled. Nearly all other events announced plans to reschedule in August or September., creating quite a logjam of multiple events on the same or overlapping dates. Scheduling constraints unique to Arizona caused us to face the possibility of having no event at all this year.

Then, we hit on an idea . . . if everybody's gonna be quarantined and on lockdown, they can't come to Phoenix. But we figured out how we can take DSC to everybody - no matter where they are!

dscV16 The Virtual Venue Model Car Championship

Edited by Danno

That's a pretty ingenious idea!

I have to say that I wouldn't want to be one of the judges that have to pick winners based solely upon photographs, but it does give people like myself the opportunity to compete in a show that they might likely never attend any other way.

I might have to check that out! ;)

Steve

3 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

That's a pretty ingenious idea!

I have to say that I wouldn't want to be one of the judges that have to pick winners based solely upon photographs, but it does give people like myself the opportunity to compete in a show that they might likely never attend any other way.

I might have to check that out! ;)

Steve

Bingo, me too.

Jason, Matt, 

Many apologies ~~ I dropped the ball. I failed to follow up the teaser by posting the announcement on this thread. (It was posted to another thread in Contests)

Kevin, Steve, Bill,

By all means jump in! Join us. It should be fun, but if nothing else, it is the first and perhaps will be groundbreaking! Who doesn't want to be a part of hysterical history?

And, Bill: by all means go for it! For you to bring our logo to plastic life would be very flattering! We'd love it!  (The illustration does not depict any already existing vehicle in any scale, including 1:1.)  Our Art & Graphics Coordinator conjured that up with, I think the notion of some day building one. But he works at a pace slightly faster than I . . . meaning it could be years from our benches.  ? 

• 4 weeks later...

Today was supposed to be the 16th Annual DESERT SCALE CLASSIC Model Car Championship in Phoenix, AZ.  Until Coronavirus, we’ve never missed a date in more than a decade and a half.  But, fearing the travel and gathering restrictions may drag on and on, we decided to not miss this year, either!

So we innovated a work-around.  A plan that not only ensures another great DSC despite the stay-at-home lockdown, but also enables modelers from anywhere in the world to participate!

Our dscV16 - The Virtual Venue Model Car Championship is going strong!  There have been over 9,000 visits to our website since we launched it just 4 weeks ago! More than 200 entries so far and there’s still another two weeks before the registration deadline!

Beautiful awards for Best of Category, Second Place and Third Place in 29 Adult Categories plus a Youth Category!  Master Awards for Best Interior, Best Engine, Best Detail, Best Paint & Finish, and Best of Show.  Display Only Category for primer projects, works in progress, or past winners.

And, there’s a Virtual Vendor Room where you can shop for kits, parts, supplies, etc., almost like being in our usual vendor room any other year!

Plus, take some time to explore the winners and entrants from past years of the live DSC!

It’s an amazing project and you don’t want to miss out on this!!  Visit NOW.  Visit OFTEN (New Entries are added to the website as they come in).  Enter NOW (Registration ends May 1).

Tell Covid-19 where to go.  Join us at dscV16 - The Virtual Venue Model Car Championship. 

dscV16 - The Virtual Venue Model Car Championship

(Link: http://www.dscv16.com/)