Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Oldsmobile 442 W-30

StevenGuthmiller

On 3/22/2020 at 2:05 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I find that continuing on with an "On the Workbench" thread is a great tool to keep me motivated.

Unfortunately, for me, it seems to work as a curse or Kiss of Death for a project. I lay my process naked on the table for the world to see, and sure enough, either something goes horribly wrong or I just simply lose interest in it and move on. This is why in most cases I wait until a build is safely finished and then maybe include a few WIP pics in the Under Glass writeup. B)

BTW, Steve, on your next build, if you're running a full WIP thread in this section, no need to duplicate your posts in the "What Did You Accomplish Today" thread in General. That just doubles your posting work time and eats up twice as much bandwidth. That thread's mainly for those of us who don't get NEARLY as much done done every day, or on a regular basis, as you do. B)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

BTW, Steve, on your next build, if you're running a full WIP thread in this section, no need to duplicate your posts in the "What Did You Accomplish Today" thread in General. That just doubles your posting work time and eats up twice as much bandwidth. That thread's mainly for those of us who don't get NEARLY as much done done every day, or on a regular basis, as you do. B)

I can live with that.

I just know that there are people who don't follow WIP threads, and I didn't see any restrictions of any kind in your thread, so I assumed it was open to all who wished to post.

But if you would rather that I not do so, I will refrain.

It really doesn't bother me either way. B)

Steve

19 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I can live with that.

I just know that there are people who don't follow WIP threads, and I didn't see any restrictions of any kind in your thread, so I assumed it was open to all who wished to post.

But if you would rather that I not do so, I will refrain.

It really doesn't bother me either way. B)

Steve

How about this for a compromise. Maybe post a pic or two once or twice a week in the "Accomplish" thread of some particularly interesting work, with an invitation and link to your full Workbench thread. That would keep up the interest in your build, without making the rest of us look/feel like Lazy Slacker Schlubs. :lol:

Sound like a good idea? B)

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

How about this for a compromise. Maybe post a pic or two once or twice a week in the "Accomplish" thread of some particularly interesting work, with an invitation and link to your full Workbench thread. That would keep up the interest in your build, without making the rest of us look/feel like Lazy Slacker Schlubs. :lol:

Sound like a good idea? B)

You will notice Snake that I haven't posted in that thread for more than a week.

I can "schlub" with the best of them. :D

Steve

6 hours ago, Jim B said:

Stunning work, Steve.  You relay did a fantastic job on your 442. Very well done.

6 hours ago, restoman said:

I'm not sure there are enough words to describe this build... it's simply one of the best I've ever seen. WOW!

1 hour ago, JJ Deuce said:

just beautiful.  fantastic work!

Thanks fellas!

Steve

50 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Thanks guys!

If you look closely JJ, you'll see a Texas inspection sticker on the windshield as well. :D

Steve

very nice - the "Hemisfair" plates always strike a chord for me, because it was in San Antonio.  A little before my time, but I still like the connection.  I bought a bunch of texas plates for future builds from 67-72.  I need to find a good '68 project so I can use that tag.

Nice touch with the inspection sticker.  But I'm not surprised you got that detail too!

58 minutes ago, JJ Deuce said:

very nice - the "Hemisfair" plates always strike a chord for me, because it was in San Antonio.  A little before my time, but I still like the connection.  I bought a bunch of texas plates for future builds from 67-72.  I need to find a good '68 project so I can use that tag.

Nice touch with the inspection sticker.  But I'm not surprised you got that detail too!

I got lucky and happened to have a Texas sticker to go with the plates. ^_^

Steve