Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Oldsmobile 442 W-30

StevenGuthmiller

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, can’t believe I had to crawl back 5 pages to find this model again. This thing should be pinned to the front as an example of craftsmanship. Really. 
I hadn’t realized how rare this kit is, also, and found this on eBay...empty box sold for $138.50!!! 
Again, fantastic work on this model, Steve. Worth visiting again. 

2D100606-44EA-4808-9766-0CB528CCA144.jpeg

Edited by Erik Smith

22 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

Jeez, can’t believe I had to crawl back 5 pages to find this model again. This thing should be pinned to the front as an example of craftsmanship. Really. 
I hadn’t realized how rare this kit is, also, and found this on eBay...empty box sold for $138.50!!! 
Again, fantastic work on this model, Steve. Worth visiting again.

That's why I felt so privileged and fortunate to have been able to have the opportunity to build this model Erik.

Imagine the price if it had a kit inside! :blink:

Again, I have to thank Claes Ericsson for giving me that opportunity!

Steve

On 4/8/2020 at 6:57 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

That's why I felt so privileged and fortunate to have been able to have the opportunity to build this model Erik.

Imagine the price if it had a kit inside! :blink:

Again, I have to thank Claes Ericsson for giving me that opportunity!

Steve

My pleasure! It came to a good home and I got things I needed in trade. I also got five months worth of interesting reading, in installments.

Oddly enough, while 90% of my stash consists of stuff I’ve gotten off ebay or from US dealers, all three ´68 442’s I’ve had, were found locally in Sweden.

11 hours ago, Claes Ericsson said:

My pleasure! It came to a good home and I got things I needed in trade. I also got five months worth of interesting reading, in installments.

Oddly enough, while 90% of my stash consists of stuff I’ve gotten off ebay or from US dealers, all three ´68 442’s I’ve had, were found locally in Sweden.

Well thank you again Claes!

I feel a little bit better knowing that you have had several bites at the '68 442 apple and didn't trade something to me that you would later regret! :D

It was so much fun building this model and I sincerely owe it all to you!

If we had not made that trade, there's a pretty good possibility that I may have never found one of these kits!

Steve

56 minutes ago, 455 Rocket said:

Great work!  If you ever find another '68 here's a challenge for you.  This is my friends '68 Hurst/Olds.  He's been the second owner since 1983.  Only 515 built.

1968 Hurst Olds.jpg

I'm game!

Maybe you could pry another kit from Claes' hands and send it to me! :D

I'll fix it up right, now that I know what all of the pitfalls are! ^_^

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller