Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody know anything about this Lotus?

NYLIBUD

1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

I'm 6' 1" and I could ride the foot box was to small for my size 13 no matter if I could get behind the wheel!!  To get in I had to sit on the ground, stick my feet in and push myself in....like a glove!!!

Exactly!  To quote Bill's early post " These are wonderful cars to drive. You almost literally wear them, and it doesn't take much more than thinking about a turn and you're through it. "

Like a glove! :D

9 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Hmmmm...I must live on a different planet. I'm 5'10" and love Europas. Probably a little challenging for me to get in or out of one now without looking like a geriatric fool, but when I was young and pretty, no problemo. Yes, there were some fragile and stupid parts on the cars, like the way the door alignment was adjusted, and pretty much guaranteed to self-destruct, but overall they weren't too much worse from a reliability standpoint than other English cars of the period.

I also had an ex with a Midget, and we went on several long trips in the little bugger.

Of course, maybe that's why my back is so bad now...

Glad to hear a respected opinion from the other side! I do agree on the Midget, my sister had a red early one that was actually good fun despite my other probably irrational prejudice against MGs. We did however refer to it as the 'worlds fastest ashtray' on account of the number of fag butts it collected when they were flicked out of other much taller vehicles!