Model Cars Magazine Forum

Agora 1/8 Shelby Super Snake

Brudda

2 hours ago, dino246gt said:

Looking really good!

How would you rate Agora, compared to other "subscription"model companies?

I'm waiting to get their Lamborghini Miura.

After getting two of their models so far (Shelby Cobra and an ongoing Jag E-Type), I rate them as exceptionally GOOD. Even with the slowdown in shipping recently, I've still been getting the subs pretty much on time.

One company I will never buy from again is Eaglemoss. It was over a YEAR to get any more parts to finish the '55 Mercedes Gullwing. I finally got disgusted and bought the entire kit from a seller in France. I can bet that there were many that never got their models finished as I do believe Eaglemoss stopped production somewhere along the way but wouldn't come out and say it. Then they had the "COVID" excuse as well as moving into a new warehouse. I've seen more than a few complaints from builders that never got their model parts to finish, and to add insult to injury, the CS there is absolutely useless in giving an explanation as to WHY they're waaaaay behind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

After getting two of their models so far (Shelby Cobra and an ongoing Jag E-Type), I rate them as exceptionally GOOD. Even with the slowdown in shipping recently, I've still been getting the subs pretty much on time.

One company I will never buy from again is Eaglemoss. It was over a YEAR to get any more parts to finish the '55 Mercedes Gullwing. I finally got disgusted and bought the entire kit from a seller in France. I can bet that there were many that never got their models finished as I do believe Eaglemoss stopped production somewhere along the way but wouldn't come out and say it. Then they had the "COVID" excuse as well as moving into a new warehouse. I've seen more than a few complaints from builders that never got their model parts to finish, and to add insult to injury, the CS there is absolutely useless in giving an explanation as to WHY they're waaaaay behind.

I must admit, this is the main reason I’ve always been afraid of starting a subscription model. I would rather pay up in one go, to receive everything at the same time. 

4 hours ago, beeRS said:

I must admit, this is the main reason I’ve always been afraid of starting a subscription model. I would rather pay up in one go, to receive everything at the same time. 

I believe with Agora there are some you can buy right at the outset without a subscription. The Cobra for example you can get at full price. I think the model has to be out a while as far as getting past a certain month of issues before they'll have enough parts to let it go at full price.

Yeah, the number of complaints I've seen was interesting about Eaglemoss. In fact, they still have an "excuse page" as to why things are still held up.

Unbelievable. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by MrObsessive
Embedded link
  • Like 1