Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 `85 Camaro Iroc Z

Hawk312

18 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

With so many tools ( Amt, Mpc, Revell, Monogram, Fujimi) available of that gen Camaro, very unlikely

I agree. However, to my knowledge, Fujimi did not do a kit of that gen Camaro (they did the gen before), but Arii did the 82 vintage.

15 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

With so many tools ( Amt, Mpc, Revell, Monogram, Fujimi) available of that gen Camaro, very unlikely

That`s really disappointing. The Irocs stood way out above the regular z/28 (and still do for collectors) in desirability here in the states. 

MPC already has an Iroc kit with the TPI setup. All they would really need to do is tool a set of accurate wheels and use the tires from the GTA kits. Revell, it would be a little more difficult, but they already do have the engine and tires (the GTA kit again), and would need to tweaks to the front fascia, the interior and of course, decals. They did it twice with the two big kits (1/8 and 1/16) converting the 82-84 Z/28 kits to Irocs, so I wish they would do the same for the 1/24 kit. I think it would sell much, much better than a re-hash of the plain `85 Camaro Z/28 we keep getting. Oh well....

Thanks guys!

12 hours ago, Matt T. said:

Unreal! What kit did this start out as? Unbelievable details and paint job. A-plus!!

It started out as the Revell 85 Camaro Z28 kit, with parts from the aftermarket and a few other kits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...