Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 "Nashole" Metro

curt raitz

I first encountered Greg Salzillo and Dave Fords "Nashole" at the 2018 Street Festival in Hollister, California. I took a bunch of photos of the car, thinking it would be fun to build a model of the car. 

DSC04512_edited970x647-vi.jpg

My buddy Steve found a resin cast model of a Nash Metropolitan from Altered States. He picked one up for me and we did a little trading. Using photos and information from an article on the car in "Rat Rod" Magazine I started to work on the model. I scratch-built the chassis based on info from the article. Chopped the top, found a small block chevy, 350 turbo tranny, chevy truck rear end, tunnel ram injector and carbs. The dice did present a challenge, but I was able to build them. The interior was scratch-built. Wheels and tires were pulled from my vast supply of wheels and tires. The hood was separated and hinged. 

Painted the body in primer red, applied rubber cement on areas for the rusting effect to show through. Painted it Nash Frosted White and Berkshire Green from Scalefinishes. I rubbed off the paint to bring the rusty areas up. 

The real "Nashole" is not a shiny car, so I tried to duplicate the semi-gloss effect.

DSC_0907_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0910_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0912_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0916_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0919_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0920_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0922_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0914_Fotor-vi.jpg

DSC_0915_Fotor-vi.jpg

Thanx for lookin'...

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Impressive build!  You nailed it, Curt! (he said, curtly...)

thanx

Hee-hee...Curt's a good name to have. not a lot of us out there.

after looking at the pix, I gotta go back and clean up the trim around the windscreen!