Model Cars Magazine Forum

A "Complete Bull" Hauler

Been slowly working on this project for a completed truck in my collection. I was never satisfied with the lack of detail in the old livestock trailer that's been around for ages, so I never took it upon myself to build one. Well, I finally bought one a few years ago ,and then simply put on the shelf until I decided what to do with it. Since the kit originally came on the scene from AMT in the late 60's or early 70's, it was of course a model trailer of that era, the main clue was the center rear loading with swing doors, completely obsolete today. I decided that I wanted the trailer to be a little more modern, say late 70's to early 80's, with the more traditional loading system in use today. That lead to modifying the rear door area, purchasing a second kit to be used as additional parts, adding the second floor, scratch building an operating ramp, gates, separation panels, external side doors, etc. Most of the detail will sadly not be seen or easy to access once it's completed, but at least I will know it's there. Hoping to have it completed and displayed here soon, so stand by. Thanks for looking!

20200322_192021.jpg

20200322_192710.jpg

20200322_192953.jpg

20200322_193124.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hello fellas, Just to let everyone know I may not have linked the updates to this build correctly. I believe this was the first of a total 3 installments on this build. They are titled Complete Bull Hauler part 2, and Complete Bull Hauler 3. Please check them out for the complete W.I.P. build. For the completed Under Glass presentation, look for the posting titled Cattleman's Classic Cabover. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, ReduitRetro said:

Hello fellas, Just to let everyone know I may not have linked the updates to this build correctly. I believe this was the first of a total 3 installments on this build. They are titled Complete Bull Hauler part 2, and Complete Bull Hauler 3. Please check them out for the complete W.I.P. build. For the completed Under Glass presentation, look for the posting titled Cattleman's Classic Cabover. Thanks.

You could put links to all these right here on this posting.

• 2 weeks later...

If you were to write a list of typically American things, these livestock trailers should definitely appear on it. I will definitely try to build one one day, in my 1/72 scale, and I will use your construction report as a template! Great detailing!

Edited by stenfalk