Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Casey

1/24 Monogram '70 Dodge Challenger T/A - Old vs. New Interiors

Just a heads up regrading the interior tub and bucket seats included with the 1/24 Revell (nee Monogram) '70 Dodge Challenger T/A kit. I forget who mentioned this to me, but the upholstery pattern on the rear seat bottom and backrest (which are molded as one with the interior tub) as well as the separate bucket seats was altered when the kit was modified for the 1995 release of the ill-proportioned (and -fated) '70 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda. Below are comparison shots of the early (pre-'95) and late ('95+) issues of the '70 T/A kit, showing the upholstery pattern differences. To my knowledge, the pattern was never changed back to original. The red/burgundy interior is the early style, the white the later style:

NewvsOld70TAseats1.jpg.c1bf7d114e548b185d71ba92e1d0d388.jpg

Early interior tub:

OldTAtub.jpg.61eb7655f85897c8e20346cd9b9e96ab.jpg

Later interior tub:

New124ChallTATub.jpg.104cdae28e1798a36944248db13f4fef.jpg

Early (left) vs. later (right) front bucket seats:

New124ChallTAint.jpg.b4647d58f4802cc229804235a49c580c.jpg

Hey Casey-

The seat locator tabs are in front in the maroon early interior, and in back of seat in the TA/later one. Rear seatback alone looks like lots of revision. Unnotices change and original interior exists? Seats too? Anything on bottom of tub?