Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 30 Ford coupe

m3fan

Started messing around with my iPad and self isolation and took some pics of my latest.

It is my rendition of old school hot rod using as many traditional parts I could find in my stash.

paint is a dark Washington blue, I know it looks black ,but in the sun it’s cool! Wheels are from the 37 Ford p/u.

quick change and Scot blower are rep& min items.The wood is coffee stir sticks and I’m going to use the same around the rear and side windows for something different.

please excuse the fingerprints as it’s still work in progress

A1DE263D-31B6-409C-A4CD-1D6BFCCC3307.jpeg

786B29EC-6A07-46C2-B1EC-EAA264BCCA9E.jpeg

4A4AF897-A976-4346-8F40-65048237DCE7.jpeg

Is this the hard to find Revell '30 coupe that is supposedly making a comeback some day? Couple of questions...where did you source your flat head, and what paint co. provided Washington Blue? The Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland. S.C.o.T. blower is a dandy piece. The Revell '37 pick up is a good source of period parts too.

Thanks for your comments. 

Yes it is one of "those" kits I was lucky enough to but two when they were released! The flathead is from the revell 32 sedan that needs to be rereleased again! The blue I had mixed up at a local auto paint store.

This build is so up my alley- period early Ford hot rod build. I really like your work (so far), choice of parts, and choice of colors.

I only got one copy each of the '29 roadster and '30 coupe when they were out, and then they became "unobtainium." Lucky for me, have a few of the old Monogram Model A coupes, AMT roadsters and a stockpile of Deuces to ponder for when some building time presents. That R&MCoM SCoT is a great piece too, was lucky to snag one. 

I'll be watching your build come together with interest. What finish did you use on the supercharger?

Edited by gman

Hey Greg,

Thanks for your interest. The finish is alclad duraluminium then I used a product called SNJ polishing powder and lastly a black was. The ribs didnt get as shiny as I hoped but happy none the less.

I hope to be at the rescheduled show in september so you can see it in person

Russ