Model Cars Magazine Forum

His and Hers 40 Fords

m3fan

With all this time on my hands I thought I’d submit some pics. I hope you enjoy!

First is the 40 p/u. Idea was to get low in the weeds so used a Art Morrison chassis from the wagon rod. Had to lengthen a small amount but other than that it drops right in.Replaced the bed floor with wooden coffee sticks 

Paint is my version of a candy apple red. Silver base, mica red, clear red then clear.

Second is the coupe built box stock but with the Kelsey Hayes from the 32 sedan.

color for this is a Jeep color called rescue green. Hard to photograph but a cool color.

comment and critiques welcome

6B3B83B8-27E2-48F3-957F-A5872AF47DAA.jpeg

5294AB45-7157-4E6A-9049-7473C256F954.jpeg

86D4B791-22C0-49F4-A37D-B311DCC00579.jpeg

84E81989-A0F5-4DC0-A5B9-557464A52667.jpeg

FFA5956D-E0C5-410D-83A9-4EFE80F37C3B.jpeg

AA2CA6EF-119E-4A84-BFAB-AF936B853784.jpeg

Great looking pair. I like how you did the bed on the pickup especially the chrome trim. The color on the coupe isn't something I'd think of until seeing this and it looks perfect here. I like the Flathead engine here also. 

Very nice pair. I can't help but think how good that green would look on the PU too.

Cate to share any pics of the WagonRod chassis under that truck? Could be the picture angle, but both tires look a little too far back in the fenders. 

I saw a 40 PU last summer that I want to build and the WagonRod chassis was my first thought.

4 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice pair!

Thanks Larry

10 hours ago, RAMBENNA said:

these are great, very nice job. great colors. really like the pickup

Thanks Cliff

15 hours ago, Hmann68 said:

Beautiful Ford’s! IMO the ‘40 Fords make the coolest hot rods. Great work on both ?? and that green on the coupe is fantastic!

Thanks Christopher

On 3/24/2020 at 1:13 PM, m3fan said:

Hi Jason yes you are right no matter how much you measure twice and cut once! Here is an underside shot didn’t think too many would see it so it’s a bit untidy?

That WagonRod frame sure does look like it fits very well.

Thanks for sharing.

• 6 months later...