Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell to Repop the Will do wrecker !

Mr mopar

7 hours ago, highway said:

You're still not obviously understanding that from the vendor's distribution information everything is saying TRACTOR! That and the fact that the price mentioned in one of the comments that the price would be 61.99 Euros and no price for the American market had been determined yet, but that figures out to close to $62 here in the states which is exactly what the distributor I was inquiring about the wrecker to is selling the recent reissue of the Kenworth W900 should be another clue it's going to be just a TRACTOR! Even Revell USA is ran out of Germany, why would they be giving prices in Euros if it was here? You can still believe what you want, but I know when distributors information says it isn't coming, IT ISN'T COMING!  

Well there you go it's the truck only I GOT IT NOW LET IT BE THE END !

18 hours ago, highway said:

You're still not obviously understanding that from the vendor's distribution information everything is saying TRACTOR! That and the fact that the price mentioned in one of the comments that the price would be 61.99 Euros and no price for the American market had been determined yet, but that figures out to close to $62 here in the states which is exactly what the distributor I was inquiring about the wrecker to is selling the recent reissue of the Kenworth W900 should be another clue it's going to be just a TRACTOR! Even Revell USA is ran out of Germany, why would they be giving prices in Euros if it was here? You can still believe what you want, but I know when distributors information says it isn't coming, IT ISN'T COMING!  

There’s no reason to berate another forum member the way you do. Just let it go. Doug shared his post with a photo of the wrecker and they said it was coming out. And honestly, I would have believed it as well. I still do believe that it is coming. Perhaps your distributor information is wrong? Give it a break. You’ve disrupted a perfectly good thread with your rude behavior. FWIW 61.99 euros to USD is about 66.75. Not 62. Gosh I hate that misinformation that people spread here:rolleyes:

On 4/21/2020 at 8:44 PM, highway said:

I don't like false information, especially when it makes me look like I'm the one that doesn't know what I'm talking about! 

Well said.
The Revell Peterbilt Wrecker will probably come out sooner or later as the tooling is still there and usable, so it's just a matter of time.
I have two of the Can-Do and one of the Will-Do in my pile and I have all the time in the world to wait for another re-issue, if it comes out again I will most likely buy one more.

Edited by Force

On 4/21/2020 at 9:22 PM, highway said:

I have one about half built of the original Can Do issue Chris, and the instructions are typical Revell of Germany quality for that kit, very nice and easy to follow. I would guess since I have some of the other Revell USA issued Revell of Germany truck kits those instructions didn't deviate much from the German issued instructions, the ones for the last issue as the Will Do were also easy to follow. 

As for challenging buildwise, this blows that AMT kit out of the water because EVERYTHING is designed to operate as it would on the real truck. It will take care building and painting to make sure everything operates as it should. 

Thanks, as long as the fits and manuals are at least 'OK' then it won't be an issue.

It's when the instructions and the parts themselves are vague that it takes a long time to get it together.

Once you've assembled five piece track links plus pins for an entire tank in 1/35 scale anything else isn't all that bad.  ;) LOL

On 4/24/2020 at 12:03 AM, hpiguy said:

Thanks, as long as the fits and manuals are at least 'OK' then it won't be an issue.

It's when the instructions and the parts themselves are vague that it takes a long time to get it together.

Once you've assembled five piece track links plus pins for an entire tank in 1/35 scale anything else isn't all that bad.  ;) LOL

Most of the Revell instructions are quite good...nothing like the old AMT instructions wich can be "a bit vague" to say the least.
Even the instructions for the Revell rebox of Moebius International Pro Star and Lone Star kits are more clear than Moebius own instructions.

Here are a couple of examples.

The Peterbilt "Can-Do" Wrecker.
https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truckkit_instructions/revell/07541_peterbilt_wrecker/

The "Will-Do"
https://www.wettringer-modellbauforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=308411&h=f41305eece8f22ef8ef20b5f3a222e6d409e9660

The Revell rebox of the Moebis International ProStar.
https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truckkit_instructions/revell/7411-2011-internati/

The LoneStar.
https://www.wettringer-modellbauforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=282871&h=0e6f11ff78122235fb34c4a3685f7f892ac35972

Edited by Force

On 4/24/2020 at 4:09 AM, martinfan5 said:

Mike, who is the seller?

Go to Facebook, get to the Model Car Aftermarket  page. From there, click on the police/fire lights tab, then look for a post by Model Parts in Scale. It is a father/son doing the lights and they have them in many different styles and colors. Don and Dave Panek are the guys, high quality stuff and very reasonable pricing, take a couple of weeks but well worth it.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:07 AM, Rusty92 said:

There’s no reason to berate another forum member the way you do. Just let it go. Doug shared his post with a photo of the wrecker and they said it was coming out. And honestly, I would have believed it as well. I still do believe that it is coming. Perhaps your distributor information is wrong? Give it a break. You’ve disrupted a perfectly good thread with your rude behavior. FWIW 61.99 euros to USD is about 66.75. Not 62. Gosh I hate that misinformation that people spread here:rolleyes:

I think you're confusing two people, as I'm the one who was looking at a distributor list, not Matt...I never said it was NEVER coming out, I just said it wasn't - as of yet - on the distribution list for things that Revell announced for the 2Q through July.  It could of course come out August 1st, but this thread was started at the same time that Revell put out that 2Q release/restock list and the Wrecker is not part of that slate of kits.  That was the only bit of clarity I was attempting to add to the proceedings.

And in the meantime, back at the ranch (um, on eBay), the Can-Do asking prices are getting really insane.  At first, (few years back) Can-Do (not Will-Do) were selling for between $150-$250.  Then around the start of 2020, he asking price (and often selling price) started climbing.  I just got notified (have automatic search set up on eBay), about a $500 Can-Do kit!  That's nutz!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143589447637

Edited by peteski

I have been keeping track of Can-Do  auctions on eBay for several years.

One sold on Nov 24, 2019 for $525.00 (BuyItNow price).

On Dec 11, 2019 for $405.00 (regular auction with multiple bidders).

Majority in the last few years sell for between $250 and $350.

Who knows, maybe someone will put up that $500 for the one that is currently listed.:blink:

On 4/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, mikemodeler said:

Go to Facebook, get to the Model Car Aftermarket  page. From there, click on the police/fire lights tab, then look for a post by Model Parts in Scale. It is a father/son doing the lights and they have them in many different styles and colors. Don and Dave Panek are the guys, high quality stuff and very reasonable pricing, take a couple of weeks but well worth it.

Thank you Mike  Panek, yep, I know that one,  but didnt know how to find him.

• 2 weeks later...

This I couldn't resist:  Can-Do Wrecker (plastic kit, not the real thing)  listed for a measly $44,999.00 US dollars.  But they do take Best Offers.  :D  While I'm pretty sure it was a price typo, it was still entertaining to see this price on that model. I wonder is someone will contact the seller to let them know?  I'm not going to spoil the fun.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254585829830

There is also another kit listed for a bargain price of $1,299,99 Canadian, and I don't think it's a typo.  What a bargain!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402258304733

Edited by peteski

I get the email notifications too, and I laughed out loud when I saw that one for a buck shy of $45k. Yes, they quickly corrected the typo to a more affordable $449.99 - but still a ridiculous price to pay. 

Alas, I continue to wait for a reissue or an actual deal, and that’s ok.

• 1 month later...