Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell to Repop the Will do wrecker !

Mr mopar

I have two of the Can-Do and one Will-Do and that's enough for me and I wouldn't pay these amounts for any kit.
I did not pay near as much for any of my kits, the first I got several years ago and I don't remember exactly what I paid and I got the last of my Can-Do kits last year, I think I paid somewhere around equivilant to $65-70 or something like that for it and someting similar for the first one, the Will-Do I ordered from Model Roundup when it was last issued and it was also somewhere in that price range.
So I have three of these kits for half the price they ask on ebay for one.
I think it's sick, it's only a plastic model kit, not gold, the price depends on the market so whatever they put in as the asking price is the kit is not worth more that the buyers are prepaired to pay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 1:15 PM, DrKerry said:

Anyone hear as to when this is due to come out?

1 hour ago, Deuces ll said:

I'd like to know.....

Not anytime soon. The Peterbit 359  TRACTOR is due out sometime soon in the 3rd quarter and that is where the mixup for this thread probably originated, because the wrecker is NOT in this year's releases. 

Edited by highway

3 hours ago, highway said:

Not anytime soon. The Peterbit 359  TRACTOR is due out sometime soon in the 3rd quarter and that is where the mixup for this thread probably originated, because the wrecker is NOT in this year's releases. 

It was just a restock, it wasn't even a reissue and that happened a few months ago.

• 5 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, peteski said:

While the eBay prices for the "Can-Do" and "Will-Do" models have been ridiculously high, here is a bargain for you: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184617860850  Now you have an empty "Can-Do" kit box and instructions for a paltry sum of $60!  :D  That seller is one of those that buy kits and part them out.

I saw that one, laughed out loud. Ridiculous. Maybe next, they’ll offer up a Polaroid picture of a sealed kit for $50. Better yet, the empty sprues from an original issue. Now those would be worth every penny.

17 minutes ago, vincen47 said:

I saw that one, laughed out loud. Ridiculous. Maybe next, they’ll offer up a Polaroid picture of a sealed kit for $50. Better yet, the empty sprues from an original issue. Now those would be worth every penny.

4 minutes ago, peteski said:

LOL, that's a good one.  But seeing all sorts of craziness on eBay, I woudl not be too surprised!

Hehe, yeah...and they wonder why the don't get any bids.

9 hours ago, Force said:

Hehe, yeah...and they wonder why the don't get any bids.

Not at all.
They know that they are not getting any bids because they grossly overpriced the item.  But since eBay allows relisting for free, and there are no more  insertion fees or the starting price fee, those sellers don't care if the item doesn't sell. They are hoping some some buyer to come along that either does not know the value of the item, or is desperate to buy it. I have watched some of those silly-price listings for over a year (with no bids).

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2022 at 7:02 PM, Billy said:

My name is Billy Stringfield from Eugene Oregon. I would like to buy this wreaked if at all possible. I have over 40 truck models. This can do Peterbilt is very important to my collection.

This thread was a mistake, the kit was never slated to be reissued in 2020, and the last time this kit was released was in 2013.  If you could find one, expect to pay over $300 for it.

Edited by niteowl7710