Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lighter Side of Corona

unclescott58

5 minutes ago, slusher said:

Remember what older generations did for toilet paper any paper they could find. My dad was born in 1917 in south east Kentucky and I remember his stories...

The Lovely Mrs. Snake wouldn't let me throw away last Sunday's Washington Post when I was finished with it. 

I said, "But wouldn't using it for that be redundant?" :lol:

31 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

The Lovely Mrs. Snake wouldn't let me throw away last Sunday's Washington Post when I was finished with it. 

I said, "But wouldn't using it for that be redundant?" :lol:

I might still use the Washington post for that.

But the New York Times? These days, I wouldn't even use it to line the cat's box.

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Remember what older generations did for toilet paper any paper they could find. My dad was born in 1917 in south east Kentucky and I remember his stories...

My grandmother used to tell us about how they used the Sears catalog when she was young in the 30s and when it ran out it was corn cobs.

Social distancing could be easier if everybody stopped using deodorant, mouthwash and breath mints. Couldn't hurt to dress like the homeless either. I'll miss shaking hands with the Vets I run across.  I wonder how long it'll be before someone creates a phart app for smartphones.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:21 PM, slusher said:

Probably the same thing Dad did growing up in the 40's,  just had to make sure not to use the shiny pages:lol:

On 3/25/2020 at 1:01 PM, Fat Brian said:

That last one also may help with maintaining social distance. 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, peteski said:

Or a very close contact, with a  possible blood spill.

And when my last job ended, that's why I left my keys on the counter while the store owner watched then walked away. Didn't want to flip that switch, but at least the customer he was working with at the time was an offduty paramedic (and somebody I had worked at Toys "R" Us when he was a teen) if there had been issues!

My son's school continued the free lunch program for the kids who normally would have received it during school year.  There was the usual debate on how to pass it out safely and the wife nixed my idea.......t-shirt cannon!  I'm thinking they can package it up in a brown paper bag....gas it up & squeeze the trigger.....Boom!  If they let the high school QB do it, he can get that timing down and keep the traffic flowing without stoppage.   Now I have to keep tabs on my teenager as I can see him trying this with a potato gun to prove it can be done!

24 minutes ago, HomerS said:

My son's school continued the free lunch program for the kids who normally would have received it during school year.  There was the usual debate on how to pass it out safely and the wife nixed my idea.......t-shirt cannon!  I'm thinking they can package it up in a brown paper bag....gas it up & squeeze the trigger.....Boom!  If they let the high school QB do it, he can get that timing down and keep the traffic flowing without stoppage.   Now I have to keep tabs on my teenager as I can see him trying this with a potato gun to prove it can be done!

That sounds like god and fun solution (as long as any liquids are securely packed), but it is not just the direct close contact we have to worry about.  The bag itself, or even the items inside the bag could have been handled by somebody who was unaware the have the virus.  If you think about all the items we touch every minute, it is impossible to be totally safe.

Even that important hand washing:  Lets say you do have some viruses on your hands you turn the faucet handle to get the water flowing, then you wash your hands, and then shut off the faucet. Your hands are clean now, but then you touch the faucet handle which you previously touched with your virus-covered hands!  So the entire washing exercise was for nothing.  This is just one of many examples of how it is impossible to keep yourself virus-free (unless you live like the boy in a bubble).

1 hour ago, HomerS said:

I'm in commercial real estate and my favorite is the restroom:

Touchless faucet

Touchless soap

Touchless air hand dryer

Now grab the restroom door handle to exit

So close........

Exactly!  See what I mean.

3 hours ago, HomerS said:

I'm in commercial real estate and my favorite is the restroom:

Touchless faucet

Touchless soap

Touchless air hand dryer

Now grab the restroom door handle to exit

So close........

I have a napkin in my pocket or get one for opening public bathroom doors then use sanitizer.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:10 PM, Snake45 said:

The thing I'm having the most trouble with is the "Don't touch your face" warning. Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick your nose without touching your face? :lol:

Haha. And now you have to wash your hands for twenty seconds BEFORE you pick yourself a winner.