Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hostess or Little Debbie?

JollySipper

2 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

Hostess honey buns were the best thing ever before Hostess went under. Now they are mediocre and never fresh.

But those "new" cakes produce more profit for the shareholders. Or so the bean-counters think. It is always about the bottom line.

That's pretty cool, got to be as fresh as you can get.....

I was talking to a friend of mine about this topic, she said that on the West coast where she's from they didn't have Little Debbie, only Hostess..... I've since turned her on to the cute little freckled kid on the box..... There was for a while a black and white pic of Mrs. McKee on the back of the box, passing out brownies as a kid.....

When the Reagan recession hit, I got laid off from my factory job, and had to take any job I could find. I was hired at a doughnut place that made delicious homemade doughnuts, and they let us eat as much as we wanted while making them. They knew what would happen, LOL, after a week or so, the LAST thing I wanted to eat was a doughnut. Smart managers there. 

• 3 weeks later...

I broke down and got a box of the "new" Hostess Ding Dongs. Boy, was that a mistake. The Crème Filling is now goopy, and they are noticeably smaller. Most importantly, they just don't taste right. And, they are wrapped in plastic bags, not foil.  The "new" Hostess Snak Cakes are truly lousy. About the only ones I can still eat are the Twinkies, and even those are smaller and sadder than they used to be.

While not up to Little Debbie standards, I picked up a Cinnamon Roll about the diameter of a Hub Cap and as deep as a Sponge Cake at Costco this weekend.  I think it has the Cinnamon delete option but with extra Frosting.