Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not sure if this will get the pics in,,but its AMT Kenworth 123 Cabover,,lets see if it loads pics,,,,ok it worked,,cool.  Anyways,,now that our state has been shut down   I ,,got back to building  ect.  This kit had alot of issues as far as fit + fitment,  the hinge for tilt cab was really  weak,,so I just made it a lift off style.   and some other stuff,,,but overall  it worked out ok. I used Testors spraycan enamel,,and valspar hardware paint for chassis,,hand painted everything else,,and since this is the 1st  big rig Ive ever built,,I mostly do cars+bikes,,it was a neat experience to build a big rig.   Keep on Truckin!

016.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

Thanks guys,,I got this at Ollies  for 20$,,new,,and Id never done a truck model like this.  I drive a Kenworth T-370  cab/24 bx truck at work ,,and was hoping I could find something like that out there,,didnt see one,,but this ones fun.  @ 72 charger,,yes your right  ,,the air tanks do go below,,but I kindof like the way they look on top,,just have to make sure I dont hook up a trailer that extends too far forward!  lol  Build On !

21 hours ago, 72 Charger said:

Nice work but just to let you know your air tanks should go under the chassis not on top

Thanks you all,,I would like to do more trucks,,I do have the Tyrone Malone drag truck to do soon,,so well see what that entails. I was looking at the box art/pics,,the paint job will surely be a challenge  thats for sure.  Looks like a fun one to do though.Thanks again,,,,S

• 2 weeks later...