Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey folks,,here a a bizzare creature in styrene,,got this at a swap meet last year for 7$,,it was a glue blob  in a ziplock bag,,1/2 built.  Complete teardown,,striped all paint+ plating.  And with only pics of it on the web,,I didnt have an instruction sheet ,,set out to rebuild.  Used Truevalue red hardware store paint,,and same BLK  for chassis.  Hand painted everything else. It came with a bullit style fairing,,that as Steve Perry stated when we looked at it in the bag,,he found the fairing  "disturbing"  LOL  ,,Steves awsome.  And I agreed,,so Ididnt even use  most if it,,I trimmed w/a dremmel all of it except the back 1/4 section of it,added gauge decals and,,it looks better ,,we can see that 350 twin honda motor better.  Used steel blue duplicolor for spokes+rims+ exsaust.   Had to use a different,,larger back tire.  The kit supplied tire was a front tire profile,,it looked too small.  So now..gonna Look for another kit to start for my social distancing   edict.  

001.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

Edited by skymnky721

On 4/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, DonW said:

I love it, well done - but why doesn't the headlight point down the road??

lol,,racing the runways,,theres a story behind that headlight.  The angle it points in is the exact angle that the original fairing pointed,,so it kindof  transitioned that way. I guess the rider wanted to dodge all the insects when night racing,,sortof like a 150MPH bug light. And to avoid being a landing point for planes at the airport,,lol  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-h-1236-honda-drag-custom-bike--1160479   the headlight actually is supposed to be in the front portion of fairing as a flip up/down hideaway style,,so I just put in in the triple clamps of forks

@ DonW   Ok,,what year is the FiFi?  Looks to be from the 20's or 30's era. I still cant believe they would drive those open top,,no roll bars,,leather helmut +goggles  . And people right along side of the tracks w/haybales for retainers!