Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revel 1/12 2010 Shelby

Doug 1061

My take on Revell 2010 Shelby.  This kit is kinda difficult.  Biggest problem was getting the stance correct.  There is a design flaw in the chassis/floor pan,  namely the rear inner fenders.  They were at  too much of an angle and the tires would rub on it and not let the suspension tuck up in there like it should. This resulted in my Mustang  having a stance more like a Bronco.  Not good.  I had to cut the inner fenders and stand the inner part up and add a piece of plastic to widen the opening.  I didn't make it super pretty since it doesn't show on the finished product.   On the front suspension I cut out a coil on the springs and basically made what amounts to drop spindles, kinda quick and dirty.  It was a bit disappointing for a modern  day tooling, especially for it being a high dollar kit.   Other than that everything else was good, went together with little to no fuss.   Color is Dupont Chroma base, and PPG clearcoat.  A friend of mine was cool enough to give me a bit of that paint he had from when he restored his '71 Torino.   I am happy with how it came out, can't find a case to put it in so will likely have to make one.  Thanks for lookin'.

071r.jpg

097r.jpg

143rr.jpg

048r - Copy.jpg

134r.jpg

Beautiful build! It looks much better with the slight lowering you did. Revell did well with the detail in the parts, however I agree that the detail and features are lacking for a large scale kit that cost as much as this did. I really wish they would have gone the extra bit and included working steering and opening doors/trunk, even if it added $20 to the price.