Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Mustang Boss 429

YBlock292

A Revell-kit from the year 2000. According to John Gunnells "Muscle Car Field Guide"  the Boss 429 Mustang was hand assembled by "Kar Kraft" in Brighton (Michigan). From August to December 1969 a total of 500 cars were put together. Total two year production was 1359 units, including a pair of 69 Boss 429 Cougars.

I painted the body in "Grabber Blue", one of five exterior colors available in 1970. "Fake wood" was done by hand with a brush as well as the Pony tri-bar emblem on the front grille. The "Good Year" tire-decals were obviously a litte bit different from the quality we are used to today. Since I don't like spoilers on classic American cars, I did not use them on this build.

70mustang01ofjte.jpg

70mustang026ojvz.jpg

70mustang03ayk2o.jpg

70mustang04ysjqv.jpg

70mustang05ickl0.jpg

70mustang06shkdq.jpg

70mustang07d2kjm.jpg

70mustang08jpjkb.jpg

70mustang10yojp4.jpg

70mustang11b7jwi.jpg

70mustang12iok3s.jpg

70mustang13qhkcr.jpg

70mustang14hwj86.jpg

70mustang15sikix.jpg

70mustang16ohjkx.jpg

Beautiful looking Boss. I also don't like most of the Fake Spoilers that Detroit used in that era, it seemed like their only purpose was to destroy the flowing lines of the body design and  were not functional  anyway.