Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 or 1/25 '66 Hasegawa Bonneville?

I just went ahead and got one from Ebay just now.  Hoping it isn't too bad.  I'm not terribly interested in the underhood or underbody details as I can build curbside if needed.  At least this will hold me til I stumble across an affordable MPC?

22 minutes ago, hedotwo said:

Can anyone tell me if the Hasegawa '66 Bonneville is indeed 1/24?  Says so on the box, but I'll believe it if someone that can compare to the MPC '66, or even the '65 AMT.  I'd like to stay in 25 scale or really close.

Please try using the Google search before firing off a question...in General Discussion. The answer you sought was answered here previously:

If you used the above, you would have found the below post:

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

I will never understand why some get so anal retentive when someone asks a question that's been asked before. It's really not that big a deal.

I"m one of those anal guys.  Searching the forum is a valid way to find answers.  Plus Casey posted a link to the topical thread - he did the work for you.

Why repeat over, and over, and over, and over again, something that has already been covered. Why reinvent the proverbial wheel? Right?

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

I will never understand why some get so anal retentive when someone asks a question that's been asked before. It's really not that big a deal.

I too agree with you on this one. It's not always that easy to find older threads were these questions may have been answered in the past. I don't mind seeing some of them rehashed from time to time. 

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Agreed.

This is a forum.

Not just a "catalog" of subjects.

Maybe he'll learn something new that wasn't discussed last time.

Steve

I'm the guy who initially answered Rich's question.

I know it was discussed here before a couple times.

I did not feel the need to tell the guy to go find the answer himself,  I feel that would have been rude when I gave him his answer just as easily. 

In this unimagined time, is it so wrong to have a little bit of human interaction, even if it's an a keyboard?

Didn't mean to stir things up.  99% of the time I use google "site:"  to search for stuff here and on the "other" forum.  I'm well versed on how to search and have both searches on my bookmark bar.    I wish I had a nickel for everytime I've searched via google for stuff I needed to know.  I could buy my MPC '66 Bonny ?

It's all good!

Edited by hedotwo
grammar

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 12:26 PM, hedotwo said:

Can anyone tell me if the Hasegawa '66 Bonneville is indeed 1/24?  Says so on the box, but I'll believe it if someone that can compare to the MPC '66, or even the '65 AMT.  I'd like to stay in 25 scale or really close.

Thanks

The way I understood it when these kits first came on the scene many years ago was that they were slot car bodies at one time, and Hasagawa pushed them out with generic interiors and chassis....   Still an excellent knock off of the MPC Bonneville....  I have been trying to get one but none of them are available here in Canada.....

8 minutes ago, michaelbaskett said:

The way I understood it when these kits first came on the scene many years ago was that they were slot car bodies at one time, and Hasagawa pushed them out with generic interiors and chassis....   Still an excellent knock off of the MPC Bonneville....  I have been trying to get one but none of them are available here in Canada.....

I have seen them in stores in Ontario, but availability may depend on how well-stocked your local shop is. You may want to contact some of the bigger online shops in the province to see about buying one (Wheels and Wings in Toronto or Hobby Centre in Ottawa are two good choices for online selection).

12 hours ago, hedotwo said:

Didn't mean to stir things up.  99% of the time I use google "site:"  to search for stuff here and on the "other" forum.  I'm well versed on how to search and have both searches on my bookmark bar.    I wish I had a nickel for everytime I've searched via google for stuff I needed to know.  I could buy my MPC '66 Bonny ?

It's all good!

You didn't stir anything up.

You asked a question. :)

Steve