Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1965 Lincoln Convertible

RDean58

So while waiting for the 65 Lincoln hardtop to arrive, I decided to build this convertible as a companion piece for the 65 Park Lane.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_03.jpg

Painted with Tamiya TS-63 dark blue with Testors wet look clear. Interior is painted with Testors enamel Pearl blue metallic.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_04.jpg

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_05.jpg

Comparing the two grilles, you can see the Lincoln influence on the Mercury grille, (or vise-versa!). Mercury grille on top, Lincoln on the bottom.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_06.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I was all set to create the wood grain areas for the Lincoln interior when I discovered Round2 already did that for me! They look pretty good, considering there was nothing on the door panels to indicate something was supposed to be there.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_07.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed.

10 hours ago, RDean58 said:

I was all set to create the wood grain areas for the Lincoln interior when I discovered Round2 already did that for me! They look pretty good, considering there was nothing on the door panels to indicate something was supposed to be there.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_07.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed.

Just out of curiosity,  how close to stock do you want these to be? I like what I am seeing so far.

1 hour ago, Eric Macleod said:

Just out of curiosity,  how close to stock do you want these to be? I like what I am seeing so far.

Fairly close to stock. I'm not going to go crazy with detail o d changing things to be more accurate though.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:50 PM, RDean58 said:

Fairly close to stock. I'm not going to go crazy with detail o d changing things to be more accurate though.

That was my impression.  The reason I ask is that the carpet in a stock version should be the same (or very similar) as the upholstery color. I have had some luck both in 1:25 and in 1:1 scale simply painting the carpet. This comment is strickly in the for whatever it is worth department as I really like the build thus far. Please keep us posted on the build.