Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1965 Lincoln Convertible


RDean58
 Share

Recommended Posts

So while waiting for the 65 Lincoln hardtop to arrive, I decided to build this convertible as a companion piece for the 65 Park Lane.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_03.jpg

Painted with Tamiya TS-63 dark blue with Testors wet look clear. Interior is painted with Testors enamel Pearl blue metallic.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_04.jpg

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_05.jpg

Comparing the two grilles, you can see the Lincoln influence on the Mercury grille, (or vise-versa!). Mercury grille on top, Lincoln on the bottom.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_06.jpg

Thanks for looking!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was all set to create the wood grain areas for the Lincoln interior when I discovered Round2 already did that for me! They look pretty good, considering there was nothing on the door panels to indicate something was supposed to be there.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_07.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RDean58 said:

I was all set to create the wood grain areas for the Lincoln interior when I discovered Round2 already did that for me! They look pretty good, considering there was nothing on the door panels to indicate something was supposed to be there.

AMT_1965_Lincoln_CVT_07.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed.

Just out of curiosity,  how close to stock do you want these to be? I like what I am seeing so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eric Macleod said:

Just out of curiosity,  how close to stock do you want these to be? I like what I am seeing so far.

Fairly close to stock. I'm not going to go crazy with detail o d changing things to be more accurate though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2020 at 10:50 PM, RDean58 said:

Fairly close to stock. I'm not going to go crazy with detail o d changing things to be more accurate though.

That was my impression.  The reason I ask is that the carpet in a stock version should be the same (or very similar) as the upholstery color. I have had some luck both in 1:25 and in 1:1 scale simply painting the carpet. This comment is strickly in the for whatever it is worth department as I really like the build thus far. Please keep us posted on the build. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...