Model Cars Magazine Forum

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

gks1964

On 3/30/2020 at 10:26 PM, Chris in Berwyn said:

FS1 has been replaying older NASCAR races and just saw these GPs tearing around Talladega in 1987 - they were good looking racecars.

I saw the 1986 Richmond race but missed this one. Is there a place that shows what and when they are showing of the older races? 86 Richmond was the best race I had seen in decades.

2 hours ago, jjsipes said:

I saw the 1986 Richmond race but missed this one. Is there a place that shows what and when they are showing of the older races? 86 Richmond was the best race I had seen in decades.

I'd like to know too!  I just bumped into both Richmond and Talladega.   I'd love to know what was going thru Dale Sr.'s mind when it looks like he took a left turn into DW at Richmond!  Anyway it was fun to see Kyle win his first.

Regarding this topic - I'd love to see some pix.  The box art looks so good - if the body is accurate I think will pick one of these up.   A nice change from the Monte Carlo aerobacks.

4 hours ago, jjsipes said:

YouTube has many races.  You can watch them on your big screen if it's  a smart tv!

On 4/5/2020 at 9:29 AM, Chris in Berwyn said:

Yes it looks good.  What tires are in the kit?

For sure a new tire, they look right and are softer than the Monogram ones we are all accustomed to. No lettering on them. I received my kit today.