Model Cars Magazine Forum

I Have a Dream...

After three weeks of not seeing ANYTHING in any TP aisle at any local store, I gave up and bought a case from Amazon. Cost me a little over twice what I usually pay, but the peace of mind....priceless! B) When it came I celebrated with a plate of burritos for dinner. :lol:

Now I'm working on a new song. Tell me how you like what I've got so far: 

I've got a case of toilet paper and a .45,

Country Boy will survive! 

:lol:

Toilet paper is pretty useful but not needed. When I was travelling in India and Nepal there were places I went where there was none, it was customary to eat with your right hand  and wash with your left - if you ate with your left people would be shocked.

Washing is cleaner than wiping, once you get your head around it.

12 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

...Now I'm working on a new song. Tell me how you like what I've got so far: 

I'm workin' on a little rap ditty...

I got a roll a TP and a sawed-off

You gonna hafta keep yo damm pawsoff...

1 hour ago, DonW said:

Toilet paper is pretty useful but not needed. When I was travelling in India and Nepal there were places I went where there was none, it was customary to eat with your right hand  and wash with your left - if you ate with your left people would be shocked.

Washing is cleaner than wiping, once you get your head around it.

I visited India twice on business. My left handed boss had been there many times before and was quite aware of the custom. Still, it was fun to watch him rewire his brain at every meal as to not offend anyone.

I do prefer the Japanese method of hydraulic cleansing to the Indian one though.

2 hours ago, DonW said:

BTW Snake - I like the song idea, I imagine it done by Dr Hook (and the medicine show)!

Naw, it's strictly a Hank Junior joint. :lol:

Although, come to think of it, I could hear Trace Adkins or Blake Shelton doing it. B)

Edited by Snake45

I could write a song about TP, but it wouldn't have the angst or emotion a song needs, because everywhere here has TP on the shelf. The idiots panicked and hoarded earlier this month, then once they hunkered down, the rest of us normal people could actually go and shop like we always do, without drama or fights or needing five shopping carts, or three dozen of any one thing.

21 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

I could write a song about TP, but it wouldn't have the angst or emotion a song needs, because everywhere here has TP on the shelf. The idiots panicked and hoarded earlier this month, then once they hunkered down, the rest of us normal people could actually go and shop like we always do, without drama or fights or needing five shopping carts, or three dozen of any one thing.

Every time I go to Walmart, except for toilet paper of course, they have everything I want/need except one random item. One week it was hot dogs. One week it was eggs. One week it was any kind of frozen pizza I like. Who knows what it will be this week? :unsure:

25 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

EDMONTON HAS TOILET PAPER! MUST INVADE CANADA!

2 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Every time I go to Walmart, except for toilet paper of course, they have everything I want/need except one random item. One week it was hot dogs. One week it was eggs. One week it was any kind of frozen pizza I like. Who knows what it will be this week? :unsure:

Color Place primer.

2 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Color Place primer.

Mine hasn't carried that in over a year, but a while back I was able to lay in a good supply via their website. Now it's even gone from there. 

But I recently discovered Touch N Tone white, gray, and black primers, available at a couple local hardware stores. It's so similar to the Color Place it might be the same thing. Costs three times as much as at Walmart, but STILL well worth the price. 

27 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Mine hasn't carried that in over a year, but a while back I was able to lay in a good supply via their website. Now it's even gone from there. 

But I recently discovered Touch N Tone white, gray, and black primers, available at a couple local hardware stores. It's so similar to the Color Place it might be the same thing. Costs three times as much as at Walmart, but STILL well worth the price. 

Don't know what your Walmart at the other end of US 50 carries,  but mine has this "Hardware Store Paint" that HPIGUY  uses. This is amazing aluminum paint, and I am sad that my Walmart doesn't carry any of the other metallics. 

1585704229487_IMG_20200331_180934.jpg

Went to the closest Food Lion a few days ago, then again yesterday.  What a difference!

The store has installed big, clear plastic "sneeze shields" in front of every checkout.  Also warning signs, something like: "To Maintain Distancing, Wait Until Belt Is Empty Before Placing Your Items On It."

The paper products aisle was completely empty. No TP or paper towels.  Even though the store restricts purchases to 2 per customer.

I was lucky and got to the (almost empty) meat aisle, just as an employee wheeled out a cart full of low-fat ground beef.  I've been craving home-made burgers. But last week the store had no ground beef at all.

Then to the (nearly empty) bread aisle for sesame-seed hamburger buns.  They were sold out, and only had the store-brand regular buns.  

But if that's all I have to complain about, I'm way ahead...

18 hours ago, Snake45 said:

After three weeks of not seeing ANYTHING in any TP aisle at any local store, I gave up and bought a case from Amazon. Cost me a little over twice what I usually pay, but the peace of mind....priceless! B) When it came I celebrated with a plate of burritos for dinner. :lol:

Now I'm working on a new song. Tell me how you like what I've got so far: 

I saw where Amazon is being investigated for "price gauging" on household items like TP and others. Keep aneye out on the subject and you might be able to get a refund.  

1 hour ago, espo said:

I saw where Amazon is being investigated for "price gauging" on household items like TP and others. Keep aneye out on the subject and you might be able to get a refund.  

I'm not that worried about it. The stuff I usually buy is lower line stuff, at Walmart prices, and this is name-brand stuff (As Seen on TV! :lol:) and a large part of the cost was shipping. As I said, the peace of mind was worth what I paid. I'm just thankful I was ABLE to pay the price. B)

17 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I couldn't beg, borrow or steal a can of anchovies last week!

Figure that one out! :blink:

Steve