Model Cars Magazine Forum

I Have a Dream...

I'm a Chap-Stick addict. Gotta have it. The Cherry or Strawberry stuff. 

Several years ago, I developed a strategy for buying the stuff. When I ran out, I'd buy not one but TWO sticks, use one, and stash one in my sock drawer. Next time I ran out, same thing. I'll bet by now I've got a dozen or more "spare"  sticks in the drawer. Good thing too because every now and then Walmart will be out of my favorite kind for a week or two or three at a time. I'm good. 

Lately I've started using the same plan on a lot more things. Need one, buy two. That way I have the next one on hand when I need it. 

Country Boy can survive! B):lol:

52 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I'm a Chap-Stick addict. Gotta have it. The Cherry or Strawberry stuff. 

Several years ago, I developed a strategy for buying the stuff. When I ran out, I'd buy not one but TWO sticks, use one, and stash one in my sock drawer. Next time I ran out, same thing. I'll bet by now I've got a dozen or more "spare"  sticks in the drawer. Good thing too because every now and then Walmart will be out of my favorite kind for a week or two or three at a time. I'm good. 

Lately I've started using the same plan on a lot more things. Need one, buy two. That way I have the next one on hand when I need it. 

Country Boy can survive! B):lol:

I'm an addict too.

I carry one with me at all times.

I have one stashed in my wife's car, one on my dresser, and another on a table by my chair in the family room.

Fortunately for me, my wife was a nurse manager for many years and she was sent to conferences every year where medical company vendors would hand out lip balm and ink pens like they were candy.

She would come home every year with a big bag full of everything from lip balm to chip clips.

I still have a box with probably 30 sticks of lip balm left from all of those trips. ^_^

Steve 

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

10 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Went to the closest Food Lion a few days ago, then again yesterday.  What a difference!

The store has installed big, clear plastic "sneeze shields" in front of every checkout.  Also warning signs, something like: "To Maintain Distancing, Wait Until Belt Is Empty Before Placing Your Items On It."

The paper products aisle was completely empty. No TP or paper towels.  Even though the store restricts purchases to 2 per customer.

I was lucky and got to the (almost empty) meat aisle, just as an employee wheeled out a cart full of low-fat ground beef.  I've been craving home-made burgers. But last week the store had no ground beef at all.

Then to the (nearly empty) bread aisle for sesame-seed hamburger buns.  They were sold out, and only had the store-brand regular buns.  

But if that's all I have to complain about, I'm way ahead...

Honestly, that sounds like any random pre-virus day at the Food Lions around here. 

14 minutes ago, stinkybritches said:

Honestly, that sounds like any random pre-virus day at the Food Lions around here. 

?

Food Lion's pretty good here, or was before the crisis.  Prices seem to be generally lower than Ingle's or BI-LO and they have some stuff other stores don't sell. Like their house-brand canned potato sticks, a great, greasy snack treat.  Their bakery and meat sections were a little better too, IMO.

Ingle's does have one advantage:  it sells "Hemmings Classic Car" magazine. 

With all the local newsstands and book stores closed, until recently, Food Lion was the best magazine newsstand in town. Then they cut back, and it's back to Walmart, which carries about half of what I'd like to read. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

I got groceries today, and again, all the garlic is cleaned out/  Are people expecting all those Covid-19 cases to turn into vampires?

How are they fixed on silver crosses, silver bullets, holy water, and wooden stakes?

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

22 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

How are they fixed on silver crosses, silver bullets, holy water, and wooden stakes?

Curiously, on a gun forum I frequent, last week someone was asking about making and handloading silver bullets. :o

Someone offered a great idea: Start with common copper-jacketed lead hollowpoints, and fill the hollow nose with silver. That should work....:unsure:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of buying Ammo when ever I need it. Dedicated Gun Stores and Sporting Goods stores that sell Guns and Ammo are considered a necessity and must remain open here per the states Governor.   

Funny thing.. no problem buying toilet paper or paper towels, but napkins are sold out everywhere!

I wanted to barbecue just to have some normalcy. Local Giant market was all out of ribs and fresh wings. They had plenty of packs of legs, so Buffalo Legs it was! We all have to make these sacrifices!

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Funny thing.. no problem buying toilet paper or paper towels, but napkins are sold out everywhere!

I bought a giant package of them at Dollar General last week. I use a lot of them for model car stuff.