Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is THIS the kind Super Stock Dodge the Little Old Lady From Pasadena Drove?

The only description of the car in the song is "a brand new, shiny red Super Stock Dodge". According to Wikipedia, the song was written in 1964 so it's possible the car is the right year. All the rest is conjecture. No mention of six tail lights, the 413 really digging in, ram induction, or any details other than that line.

Edited by SSNJim

I just finished a "tribute" build for the little old lady, and it looks exactly like that.  I used the Lindberg '64 Dodge in a bright Tamiya red.  I did fudge a bit, though, and gave the old lady a street exhaust, Cragars, and I broke down and gave her a radio (added some knobs to the delete plate and called it good).  Oh, and pie crust cheater slicks, too.  She was, after all, the terror of Colorado Boulevard!

16 hours ago, SSNJim said:

The only description of the car in the song is "a brand new, shiny red Super Stock Dodge". According to Wikipedia, the song was written in 1964 so it's possible the car is the right year. All the rest is conjecture. No mention of six tail lights, the 413 really digging in, ram induction, or any details other than that line.

The Beach Boys  added a line to their version 

"You'll see her all the time, just gettin' her kicks now,
(Go Granny, go, Granny, go, Granny, go)
With her four speed stick and a four - two - six now;"

2 hours ago, Jon Haigwood said:

The Beach Boys  added a line to their version 

"You'll see her all the time, just gettin' her kicks now,
(Go Granny, go, Granny, go, Granny, go)
With her four speed stick and a four - two - six now;"

I never knew that. I've heard both versions, but didn't pay attention to the differences. I assumed they were the same.