Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Pontiac Firebird

Craig

This is the Revell 1970 Pontiac Firebird kit. Very fun to build, and photograph. Didn't have any issues until I got to joining the body to the chassis, where I discovered the chassis was slightly warped. So with a bit of extra glue and rubber bands I got rid of a bit of the warpage. Not perfect, but it does sit much better! I'm very happy with how the rims came out. I didn't dechrome them, but I mixed some silver acrylic paint with some water and Testors acrylic dull coat, and painted over the bits I didn't want to be chrome, which were the spokes and the centre bits. Overall, I'm very happy with how this one came out, and proud to share it!????

DSC03164.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

DSC03166.jpg

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

DSC03170.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03173.jpg

3 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

Nice build. Does a real Pontiac motor have both those pumps on the same side ? Usually alternator is on passengers side 

Thank you! Sorry, I don't know, I'm not an expert. I built it strait from the box. I'm more of a Mustang guy, but the Firebird is a fantastic looking car!????

Beautiful looking paint finish. Nice to see the blue interior as most are done in black and that was kind of normal at that time. The trim is all very cleanly done as is the decals. Nice back drop for your pictures.