Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Cycle color

By the sounds of the articles I've found it was a french military test. I would assume it to be khaki or sand coloured. heres some articles on it

http://motos-of-war.ru/en/motorcycles/moto-chenille-mercier/

thers one on reddit too but i cant seem to link it but a google image search for tracked motorcyle will bring it up as one of the top results.

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Thanks guys. I have a resin kit but I am holding off on it hoping I can discover what color it was. My wife was guessing white and I was thinking a light gray. ???

Based on the information from Stitchdup you might want to consider something in the Desert Storm color palette since it seems to have a military back ground.  

The above is true but since I believe there was just one built I really waned to paint it the correct color. I have exhausted all ideas I had to try and find out so I guess I am on my own to guess. I guess nobody around will be able to say I am wrong. ?

12 minutes ago, cobraman said:

The above is true but since I believe there was just one built I really waned to paint it the correct color. I have exhausted all ideas I had to try and find out so I guess I am on my own to guess. I guess nobody around will be able to say I am wrong. ?

Since it was a Prototype maybe it wasn't painted at all. Could be bare steel or some sort of primer. I understand you're wanting to get this correct so I wish well in your investigation of the color.  

How in the world would you steer that thing?

Oh...”Steering is accomplished by handlebars which control a sideways motion of the drive belt.”

You’re not doing any slalom courses with that!

Edited by NOBLNG

Everything shown so far indicates a light color.  Artist's color rendering seems to show dull silver (natural metal?).  B/W photos show light color.  Personally I would like a pastel (light) yellow, but white, light gray/silver would not be too far off.

I also have an out-of-the-box idea: paint  it using one of those color changing paints. :D

Edited by peteski