Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Wrangler Monte Carlo

jjsipes

While trying to work during the day, help with home schooling the kiddos in the evenings, I've been working on decals on this. Revell kit, Powerslide Decals. First time using Krylon paints, Sun Yellow and Brilliant Blue. Never built a Wrangler car before so I figured it was about time.

20200402_213429.jpg

20200402_213423.jpg

Awesome job on the paint. Those multi tones can be a bit tricky. Never used Krylon. Looks like it goes on real nice. I use Tamiya most of the time because it's rather idiot proof and I kind of fall into that category. Paint is not my strong suit. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the finished product. 

Thanks for the comments guys.

Paint wasn't all the best but, a little polishing and it didn't look to bad for the first time using Krylon. I could have polished some more but ,figured the decals would cover some of it.

Sorry guys, I was asked about the paint and where I got it from and was brought to my attention that it was actually Rustoleum Paints that I used and not Krylon. Had a brain fart with all the home schooling and trying to get work done all at the same time. Paint color names are correct though.

Slow progress. Got the wheels completed. Scuffed the tread of tires to do away mold line and give them a used look, decaled and flat coated. Wheels semigloss black and highlight painted recessed holes, lugs and hubs

20200409_182729.jpg

Edited by jjsipes

• 4 months later...

Looks awesome  !!!!

Hey -- one question.   With the Rustoleum spray paint -- did you have any issue with it drying to a "hard" finish in a reasonable time  ?

I just finished a Bobby Allison Buick and used the Rustoleum "2X Painters Touch" flat black primer spray paint on the chassis and roll cage.  It seemed like even after a couple days it felt "soft" or a little "tacky".

I used the Rustoleum "2X Painters Touch" gloss white spray paint on the body (over Rustoleum gray primer) and it too seemed like it wasn't really "hard" and dry until at least a week or more after spraying it.

Did you have this issue   ?

Thanks