Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Malibu Wagon

Intmd8r

Kind of a "slump buster" of sorts.  Little over a year since my last completed build.

Became frustrated with the paint and finish and shelved the project.  Life happened and here we are.

Its the Revell Chevelle kit, straight out of the box.

The interior was an experiment with pre shading and is probably my favorite part of the build.

Not my finest work, but the pictures look good enough to share.

Beautiful looking build. I like the way you did your interior, the seat inserts look just like a cloth insert instead of vinyl. You might want to describe how you did your wood side trim. These are neat kits and I have enjoyed a couple and I might even try that "woody" look on the next one. 

39 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Very cool! I like the color--what's the paint? 

The paint is Copper Pearl by Testors Aztek Airbrush acrylic paint, with Testors one coat clear lacquer. Not sure if it’s still made.

Had difficult time laying down the pearl. Lost count how many times I stripped and repainted the body. Not sure if I would recommend this paint for this application.

1 minute ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking build. I like the way you did your interior, the seat inserts look just like a cloth insert instead of vinyl. You might want to describe how you did your wood side trim. These are neat kits and I have enjoyed a couple and I might even try that "woody" look on the next one. 

I can’t take credit for the wood trim-it’s box stock decals.

Have plans for a future Woody build to try and achieve a similar effect 

5 minutes ago, Intmd8r said:

I can’t take credit for the wood trim-it’s box stock decals.

Have plans for a future Woody build to try and achieve a similar effect 

This must have been the latest reissue and I have the original kits in my stash. They kits I have had a multi colored lines with small flame type ends at the tail lights. I thought you had added a raised surround on the wood trim also and that is the way I might do it, kind of OEM looking finish.